Chances of Entering VT's Engineering Program / School

<p>In-state (Asian Male)</p>

<p>GPA: 4.052 (weighted) -- has increased from a 3.25 starting in Freshman year</p>

<p>SAT I: No Scores</p>

<p>SAT II: 690 U.S. History</p>

<p>ACT: 27 Composite (E-30,M-26,R-26,S-25,Writing/English Combined-30.. Superscore is 28) </p>

<p>APs: 10 APs (received A's in all of them)
-World History (3 on AP Exam)
-Psychology (4 on AP Exam)
-US History (4 on AP Exam)
-English Language/Composition (4 on AP Exam)
-Computer Science A
-English Literature/Composition
-Calculus BC
-US Government & Politics
-Comparative Government & Politics
-Environmental Science</p>

<p>Extra Curricular:
-Music Honor Society (Tri-M)
-National Honor Society
-Spanish Honor Society
-Social Studies Honor Society
-Key Club
-Red Cross Club
-FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America)</p>

<p>Leadership:
-No leadership roles</p>

<p>I was completely honest in all my stats and extra curricular activities so hopefully you guys will give me an honest answer. What are my chances of getting into the engineering program for Computer Science or maybe even just general engineering? Also, what are my chances of getting into VT just as a school itself with a University Studies major?</p>

<p>As has been suggested several times on this board, the best way to “chance” yourself is to look at the following linK:</p>

<p>[Institutional</a> Research - Students: Admissions](<a href=“http://www.ir.vt.edu/VT_Stats/admissions_contents.htm]Institutional”>http://www.ir.vt.edu/VT_Stats/admissions_contents.htm)</p>

<p>they have profiles for the incoming freshman class for each year . Remember these stats represent who actually is attending,not just who was accepted.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>VT’s main focus is on grades and standardized test scores. A friend of mine graduated with a 4.1 WGPA and a 1400 SAT score and was placed in University Studies, while I graduated with a 4.5 WGPA and a 1350 SAT score and was accepted into engineering. It all depends</p>