Chances of getting a Suite with 4 open rooms?

<p>It looks like most of the people here and on the 2016 FB page are anticipating getting a suite with 4 rooms available. </p>

<p>Would like to hear from some people here who went through the process last year. How much availability was there of 4 open rooms in the suite? Was there more or less availability in certain residence halls? (In my case, we are looking at Honors Suites.)</p>

<p>I can’t help but think that all the work some of us are going through to find 4 compatible roommates will be all for naught - and the kids will end up having to split up anyway.</p>

<p>Any words of advice or helpful tips from those who went through it in previous years?</p>

<p>I can share my Daughter’s experience: She and a hs friend had the earliest selection times and they were able to put themselves in an empty suite in Riverside East. They only needed two of the spots, but all four were open at the time. </p>

<p>I also know that 4 HS male friends were able to get a suite down the hall, but I don’t know what selection time they had.</p>

<p>I think the availability of empty 4room suites will depend on the selection time with those having later times having a smaller chance.</p>

<p>I think your chances are good, especially if you’re willing to take Riverside or Lakeside over the Ridgecrests. Son had the late March selection his freshman year, and there were several totally open suites available in Riverside West. Many of the kids came back to their same room for this year, but lots of them are moving off campus because of Greek housing, co-ops, or just finally moving off campus because they now have cars. I’ve also heard that RAs will be placed in one of the suite rooms, so there’s a chance you can find a room with three spots, and the fourth spot is an RA. Good luck on your selection!</p>

<p>Thanks…that is helpful. We will have the first selection time so hopefully we won’t have any problems getting an open suite.</p>

<p>It really, really depends on when you made the housing deposit. If you deposited early and you have a “first” date pick, you should be able to get a suite with open rooms (even four).
However, you have to be realistic. Have the person with the earliest pick date ready at the exact moment with all the correct info. You will need all the students’ proxy codes and a list of possible residence houses that they want to move into. If one residence hall is unavailable move onto the next. Suites go very quickly!!</p>

<p>^^^Yep, she’s right! We had a foursome lined up freshman year, but two of the boys never did send their proxy code. We went into a fully open suite, but another pair moved in with our boys the next day. Thankfully, the boys got along fine, and even though they split up for this year, they are neighbors and still hang out. There’s actually a group of four or five suites that hang out together this year, and a few of those suites, including son’s, are returning to their same suites next year. One had to move down the hall because their suite became an RA room, but they were able to get a fully open suite down the hall. Sad because it’s on the other side of the elevators, but at least the boys will be close enough to walk to class together and study together, which has been great for them this past year. Some, but not all, are NMFs, but they chose to stay on campus because of the great friendships they’ve made with their floormates.</p>

<p>Three years ago, my son had one of the later dates in March. He went online, saw no one really had taken a spot in Lakeside West and put himself there. He did not know his roommates, although one was in CBHP with him. Everyone seemed to get along okay, but all went their separate ways after their first year. My son met another young man through CBHP, and they will room together for the third straight year next fall. </p>

<p>My best advice is to be flexible. Ridgecrest is lovely, but so are Riverside and Lakeside. You can try to relocate the second year if need be.</p>

<p>My experience going through a very similar process in my undergrad is to have a backup plan on the split, just in case you need to make a quick decision. I would say to have the backup plan for which pairs of the four will live together will help cover you in any situation you may find when you log in.</p>

<p>Good luck!
Janine Gascoigne</p>