Chances of getting in a UC? Unique applicant

I am a prospective UC/CSU student.

I applied to UC Irvine (business), San Diego (management science), Santa Barbara (Econ), Santa Cruz (Managerial Econ), Davis (Managerial Econ), Riverside (business), and Los Angeles (business econ). Applied to SJSU and Cal Poly SLO for Business Administration.

GPA: 3.82 unweighted, 4.0 UC GPA
SAT: 1440 (took it again recently, looking at a 1480 - 1520 ish score)

In junior year, I faced medical complications due to my chronic disease. I was absent for ~ 3 months and had to drop 3 AP/honors classes. I only have 1 honors class in sophomore-junior years.

My essays are pretty solid…
Decent extracurriculars/volunteering…

What are my chances for those schools? I attend a highly competitive school in Silicon Valley and am tensed that my application isn’t competitive enough. (many students at my school take 6+ APs)…

Really wanna go to a top-tier UC and pursue business…

@Gumbymom would appreciate any insights from you!

Considering your medical issues, you look like a competitive applicant. I think your a Match for all but UCLA and UCSD. UCLA should always be considered a Reach and UCSD 50/50. SJSU looks like Safety while UCR and UCSC are Safety/Low Match. Best of luck and I hope your health continues to improve.

@NCalRent would appreciate insights from you as well!

i think you have a good shot at UCSC and UCR. SJSU will almost certainly accept you. The others probably wont.

I’d add SDSU and CSULB - both of whom have outstanding Biz programs and are highly likely to accept you.

Good luck

@ucbalumnus please do provide some insights!

UCR does not admit freshman directly to the business school. Assuming you attend UCR, you will have to apply during your sophomore year as a junior into the business school. It appears that you are smart enough to meet the requirements and to get into the business school. Business/accounting econ. at the UC’s are good alternatives to business schools at a UC.