Chances of getting in?? (Doubtful)

<p>I highly doubt I will get in but whatever worth the shot.
Male
Out of State (NC)
Hispanic
1st Gen. student</p>

<p>Start of senior year
GPA W-4.1
GPA U-3.4
Rank- 36 out of 212
SAT- 1700 (super score)
CR+M- 1130 (CR-580 and M-550)
ACT- 23
Mostly Honors courses and some AP</p>

<p>Main classes this year
AP Spanish (A)... i think or B haha
AP English IV (A)
AP European History (A)
AP Pshycology
AP Chem 2
AP Stats</p>

<p>NHS member
student gov treasurer and involvement in student council all four years
spanish club
key club
jr. civitan club
treasurer of international club
par time job for 3 yrs now
volunteer experience</p>

<p>Accepted into UNC wilmington
Deferred by UNC Chapel Hill and NC State </p>

<p>idk what else.....just ask</p>

<p>Unfortunately I have to agree with your assessment, I don’t think you will be accepted to UM. Outside chance you’d be deferred into the RD pool.
~Zinc</p>

<p>I think a defferal would be good enough for me. I knew applying here would be a shot in the dark. Oh well Ill just have to wait and see</p>

<p>I was deferred. Wasnt expecting it but maybe theres hope…</p>

<p>You do have a few hooks: hispanic first gen so don’t worry you actually have a sdecent chance</p>

<p>are you kidding me. you will definately get in. look at all that you have accomplished. don’t you worry you’re just feeling a little anxious. any University would be proud to have you.</p>

<p>Can you get your ACT up??</p>

<p>Dont think so. There isnt a test date in march</p>

<p>True, but there was an ACT on Feb 11th…and an SAT on March 10th that you can still register for…</p>

<p>True but im hesitant about the SAT ive taken it twice and did worse the second time I only improved on the writing which doesnt really matter that much hah</p>

<p>Yeah. Test scores aren’t ideal at this point. You’re taking lots of AP courses which is good! Plus the fact that you’re Hispanic will give you a slight edge. Make sure you show interest in the school itself and try the SAT again if you think you can score higher.</p>

<p>Ive tried but idk what I can do. I sent an email to the person incharge of my states admission asking some question and if there was any advice or things I could do to strengthen my application because Miami is one of my top choices but the reply wasnt really that helpful haha</p>