Chances of getting in Early Decision 1

I just applied to University of Miami and would love to know my chances. I struggled in high school a lot and went to a very elite/competitive private school in NYC. I have about a 2.7 and I did really well on my act and got a 34. I am in 2 seniors in my senior year and was in advanced math all of high school. I am the head of alot of clubs in school and I have good sign of leadership. What do you guys think of my chances? Also, no one else is applying to UMiami from my school.

very low GPA but you might make up for it with EC’s essay and act. I think you will get deferred but let’s hope not. UM is also my dream school I’m applying early decision 2
wishing you the best of luck!

thanks

anyone else ?

It is hard to say as the admission rate is still around 40%. Only 5% of the kids there get in with GPAs below 3.0 and probably a large share of them are athletes. On the other hand your ACT is about the 75% percentile. I would agree that you will probably get deferred as they want to see your Senior grades.

thanks

bump

i currently go to UM and I had a 3.3 with a 33. I got in but I know a lot of people that got deferred and then got in.

Nobody you know had my grades and got in right away?

I don’t think with the low GPA that you have a great shot but with the impressive ACT and since it’s ED, that helps and I can also see you being deferred.