Chances of getting in/financial aid?

<p>My boyfriend is waiting to hear back from admissions and I'm pretty sure he'll get in, but you can never know for sure.</p>

<p>Here's his stats:
-Eagle Scout (among the several other things that he's involved with inside of boy scouts), Choir, NHS, very involved with church (several leadership positions to boot)
-2110 SAT (740M, 670CR, 700W) and 35 ACT (36 science, 35 math, 34 reading, 33 english)
-3.4 GPA (unweighted), top 50% (goes to a very competitive high school in the Houston area)
-Hispanic
-Also was invited to participate in the aggie national scholar's program (unfortunately was not able to attend)</p>

<p>I think his scores alone could get him a good amount of aid, but from what I've heard A&M doesn't give out much financial aid...</p>

<p>If he is only in the top 50% of his class, he would be a Review Admit candidate, even with a 2110 on his SAT. His class rank of top 50% is what hurts him. Academic Admits still must be in the top 25% by the admission date. This doesn’t mean he won’t get in, but he obviously needs to be offered admission before he has a chance at any financial aid. Scholarships might be a little difficult, but financial aid is based mainly on need and then academics. Once admitted he will need to file his FAFSA. This will determine what type of financial aid he will be offered.</p>

<p>To give you an idea, my son was in the top 1% of his class, scored a 2080 on his SAT and was only offered a couple of thousand in scholarships. One of them was a private scholarship and one was his Top 10% scholarship offered by the state. TAMU told us they have many folks with 2400 SAT scores that got nothing. </p>

He was admitted via BlinnTEAM, but he has not received financial aid offers as far as I know. His rank was actually closer to 60-65%, but I guess his resume and test scores gave him an edge.

I was offered $5,000 a year. Average stats, full admission, first generation student.