Chances of getting in to UW-Madison for Pre-Med?

<p>I am an out-of-state student and I am applying in the fall of 2012.</p>

<p>*3.7 GPA (out of 4.0)
*Top 3% Class Rank
*3 AP classes (so far)
*9 Honors classes (so far)
*Volleyball
*Soccer
*Indian Cultural Club (President & Founder)
*Mock Trial Team (Co-Captain)
*Students of Service Member
*Key Club Member
*National English Honors Society
*Provena Student Ambassador
*Provena Teen Volunteer
*Youth Group Member
*160+ hours of community service (so far)</p>

<p>I didn't get a hot score on my SAT (I will retake it though) and I'm taking the ACT in March. But based solely off what I've posted and not standardized test scores, do I have a good chance of getting in?</p>

<p>I'm looking to go into Pre-Med.</p>

<p>Should be okay as long as you do well on ACT(>26 0r 27). You do not apply pre-med at madison they have no specific major for premed. You can major in anything you want as long as you take required medical school courses. 1 year chem, 1 year bio, etc.</p>

<p>You do not major in premed- it is an intention, not a major. Your choice of major has no influence on your acceptance to UW. You compete with everyone else for a spot, regardless of intended major/school/college.</p>

<p>You can research premed at UW’s or other colleges’ websites to find out requirements for getting into medical schools.</p>

<p>Junior year of HS counts a lot for college admissions. This is the last year colleges will see when you send in applications next fall. Be sure to do your best. You are competitive for UW, but in the middle of the pool so be sure to write stellar essays and have good recommendations.</p>

<p>I’ll probably be president by Key Club next year and I’ve gotten all A’s junior year.</p>

<p>I agree-competitive but not a sure thing either.</p>