IB SL Bus & Mng
Psychology
Activities by the end of this school year
4 Outdoor Track, 2 Indoor Track, 2 Cross Country, 1 Wrestling
FBLA Club
Attended to the Virginia Tech Campus
Edit: Not attending to Engineering or Architecture.</p>

<p>Any other opinions?</p>

<p>I think you stand a good chance. I don’t know your SAT breakdown, but it is somewhat low for VT. However, students from my school (in VA) have scored lower and gotten in. Also, your academics are pretty strong with an IB curriculum, especially if you have scored highly on any exams. EC’s are decent and your GPA seems to be just within their range. I recommend taking the SAT again and keeping your grades solid for junior and senior years.</p>

<p>I am really stressing out and I need someone to tell me straight up about my chances.
Math - 670
Reading 530
Writing - 500
I am not taking the ACT. All my only concern is getting into Virginia Tech. I made a commitment with my parents that I will get into that college. I don’t want to let them down. From looking at the family connection chart I am below average, but I feel that my activities will allow myself to be in par with the people that are in the average category.
Is Virginia Tech result oriented? Can anyone give me an example of how important or insignificant activities are?</p>

<p>sunnyboi, Please try to calm down.You asked for some straight up feedback- getting in seems like it could go either way so please try to develop a backup plan with other colleges. Are there any other schools you like? In the meantime, keep up your grades and consider taking the SAT again to improve your chances with VT. In general, VT seems to consider activities somewhat but only minimally. Grades and SAT’s will be most important. The main concern here is your sole focus on getting into VT and your worry about not letting your family down. That is a big burden so you may need to have a talk with your parents and explain the stress you’re feeling about college admissions.</p>