Chances of getting in?

Hello everyone, I applied to to Texas A&M College station on 9/17/18. I applied to the engineering school as well. I still haven’t heard back yet so your thoughts are greatly appreciated. Here are my stats and more:

SAT: 1310 M: 730 R: 580
Unweighted GPA: 3.53
Rank: school doesn’t rank but on AIS it says I’m in top quarter

ECs: Captain of hs swim team for two years, club swimming, eBay business, NHS, and mu alpha theta.

LOR: two teacher recommendations submitted

Over 100 community service hours

College classes: AP World History, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English 3, AP chemistry, dual credit US history, DC English 4, DC government, DC Economics, and OnRamps physics.

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Texas A&M takes applications until December 1 for the fall semester. There’s 2 days left until then, so I’m thinking it’ll be sometime a few weeks after that. Here’s the website to check your status:

https://applicant.tamu.edu/

@sdwims I wouldn’t expect an answer anytime soon. I called a few weeks ago to check on documents that had been pending for awhile. While on the phone, I asked about notification dates and apparently they have a minimum score for each SAT portion. My son scored 790M & 630R and the guy on the phone said he had to go into “holistic review” because he didn’t meet the minimum which I think was 660. That doesn’t stop me from checking the portal everyday though!!

I hope he was wrong and we both hear sooner!! We are OOS btw.

Thanks for your answers. I agree that it sucks to be a review admit but I have heard of some review admits receiving admission already so I’m just keeping my hopes up. Your son’s scores are great and I believe he will get accepted soon. Good luck!

@sdwims and @mamwitch Both stats are great. Worst case would be Blinn eng. academy. But I bet you get full admit to eng. Math SAT is awesome!!!

@mamwich Every engineering applicant undergoes holistic review. There is no published minimum math sub score for SAT or ACT requirement (UT it is 620 and it is published).
@sdwims engineering decision release dates have not followed a trend yet. For class 2021, there were two release dates in Nov (both before Thanksgiving) and 3 in Dec (4th, 15th and 21st). For class 2022, There was one in Nov (21st) and one in Dec (15th) a smaller release Jan 11 and a large on 3 Feb. 5. Last year also saw an extended deadline of Jan 3 due to Hurricane Harvey. Both years since holistic review was implemented, there have been early decision applicants who had their decision deferred to after the Holidays.
Top Quarter and your math subscore will get you full admissions in most cases

Thanks for the replies!

@Thelma2 My son applied for business not engineering. I happened to have just talked to admission about some documents a few days prior so I was only sharing the info the guy told me about my son. And they probably tell most people a far off date so people don’t expect to hear earlier and keep calling!! :slight_smile:

Good luck @sdwims