Chances of getting in

When did you apply: 10/3/18
When did you get your UIN: 10/5/18
When did you receive your admission decision: Waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Construction Scinece/ College of Architecture
Class Rank: My high school stopped ranking my junior year so idk what my rank is now but anyways. 118/498, top quarter
SAT 1280- 690 math, 590 english
ACT 25- yea… uh sat is better
7 AP classes including statistics(4), human geo(3), world history(2), apush(4), physics(n/a), biology(TBD), calculus BC(TBD), AP Scholar, NHS, NSHS, mu alpha, deca, football for 4 years(2 year varsity). 3 part time jobs during school. Decent number of service hours about like 60ish. Idk if this matters but i have two older sisters who went to TAMU, one graduated in 17. In state too

I’m just super stressed about my chances. Thank you in advanced for any responses

GPA uw(3.56/4), w(4.8/6)

@tamuhopeful01 my son was top third of his class with the same SAT and was offered PSA. He ended up going the engineering academy in Brenham where he is co-enrolled. Two of his friends in HS where both top 25% but did not have the required 1360. One got Blinn-Team in CS, the other was not admitted but ended up at the engineering academy in Brenham with my son. My best guess is that you are on the bubble and may get have a chance at Blinn Team of be offered PSA. It is really tough to get a review admit offer.

Wow, that’s great. I didn’t think you could get academy and or PSA. Academy is definitely the way to go for engineering!

What are my chances for a non engineering applicant? I’m applying for the construction science major

@tamuhopeful01 I think you have a shot at full admit to CoSci. It’s a great program too. They really set you up nicelyfor jobs. While your rank is high in the first quarter (meaning almost to 2nd quarter), it’s still top quarter and your SAT is decent. If you get Team, that would be great place to start as well. No worries, you’ll end up and graduate where you want to. Just be patient if necessary!

thank you so much for your feedback. The waiting game just stresses me out!

@tamuhopeful01 my son is also in review and construction science major. hang in there! I read on one of the threads that construction science admits are usually announced in february. I don’t know if that is fact but we still have hope.

FYI, admissions doesn’t release by college. It’s general release. Only when transferring do the departments have their own schedule.

@AggieMomAgain The engineering academy at Brenham is applied to directly. It was not an admissions decision. Their application opens March 1 for fall.

thanks for clarifying @AggieMomhelp