Chances of getting in?

Not many ppl apply to VT from my school- which is located in NY.
No class rank but about 405 ppl per grade.
I have an 89.07 UW gpa and a 33 ACT composite.

APs I took junior year:
-AP Physics 2
-AP English Language and Composition

APs senior year:
-AP Macroeconomics
-AP BC Calculus
-AP Environmental Science

I have good extracurriculars. Upward trend in my GPA (lowest freshman year and progressively did better every year) but I am still really nervous about how low it is.
What do ppl think my chances are?
I’m applying EA and was also wondering if it would be too risky to apply to the engineering program instead of general school. Thanks!!!

As of right now, I do think engineering is a bit out of reach, mainly due to the GPA and lack of STEM APs (unless you have some electives). Being out of state may help. Personally, I would try and apply for another major closely related with what you want to do and then transfer to engineering later.

That’s a good ACT number and its hard to evaluate based on GPA. Do you think you are top 10%, 15%, 20% of your class (I would think advising at your school can give you percentile that is in - which will be important).

I think engineering this year your going to have to be at least top 15% of class / then you have good number on the ACT. Its going to be competitive. If your top 10% of your class and VT is your dream school I would go all out and do early decision engineering. Then if get deferred see if they will change your applying major to an easier during the Early Action process. If you do Early Action you most likely will have no way to change major for the Regular decision (as only weeks apart).