When did you apply: 10/12/18
When did you get your UIN: 10/15/18
When did you receive your admission decision: Nothing yet
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Biomedical Sciences
Class Rank: 28/168
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1270
ACT (with Sub Scores)
I’m a senior, so I can’t take the SAT again. I’ve been in clubs all four years, and last summer I was admitted to TAMU’s Veterinary Camp. I don’t know if that might help at all?

@luckyaggie , you can still take the SAT as a senior. There is a test on November 3, and the late registration deadline is October 24. Also, I have heard it mentioned on this forum that you can take the ACT at Texas A&M, if you’re close enough to make the trip. I don’t know all the details on that; maybe somebody can chime in.

Yes the residual ACT at TAMU is a great way to bring up scores. They round up. A 26.25 is a 27 for example. The score only works at TAMU and is scored the next day. There’s no wait. Your rank is solid and yes, attending a camp like that at tamu is favorable!

I don’t think I have the money to retake anymore tests, so with my current scores and stats do you guys think I have a good shot at full admission?

I think you have a solid shot. It will really depend on the competition this year. That SAT is average, so that would be the only thing holding you back. You may not hear for a couple of months. Hopefully by Christmas though!!! Keep us posted.

What do your EC’s and Essay(s) look like? They could help . . . .

My essay was reviewed by three teachers and some of the best students at my high school, and they all thought it was a great essay.
Since I’m a part of the founding class of my city’s early college high school, clubs were shaky at the beginning. Freshman year I was in Art Club, sophomore year I was the president of Music Club and I participated in Speech Team, junior year is whenever NHS was created for my school, so I’ve been apart of that for junior and senior year. Junior year I was in guitar club and film club. This year I’m in Film Club. My school doesn’t have sports because the school believes that the students need to work on their college work over extracurriculars.
I’ve also accumulated 68 hours at a local veterinary clinic, and a handful of 25 hours spent at organizations spread around my city.
By the end of my senior year, I’ll have my associates degree in Interdisciplinary Studies before my high school diploma! :))