Chances of getting into cockrell school of engineering?

<p>What would my chances be into getting into cockrell school of enginering at UT AUSTIN with a 3.75 GPA.
I been going to my local college for past 2 years. I wanna apply as a transfer student so i'am guessing SAT scores and high school ranks won't be needed by ut austin to consider me.</p>

<p>Pretty good chances. What particular major are you aiming for? And yes, they won’t look at your SAT/High school rank.</p>

<p>thanks for quick response , yeah i’am going for a computer engineering degree as i hear there are many jobs in austin and rockhound texas in that area.</p>

<p>You should get in. Make sure you have some of the pre-reqs down (i.e. Calc). Yes, there are jobs, but you just don’t know in this current economy.</p>

<p>yeah i know, i checked the website, i’am going to try to finish my calculus classes this year and hopefully get A’s to keep my GPA right where it is. thanks again</p>

<p>I just got accepted to electrical engineering this semester with a 3.5 GPA and 72 hours, so I would say you have a pretty good chance, as long as you complete the required calculus courses.</p>

<p>o cool congrats rp1242, nice to know many people out there are getting in with those GPAs that are close to mine, gives me that much more hope, thanks :). btw out of curiousity, how did u complete your calculus courses? did u do it at your local college and how many semesters did you do of calculus and what was your final grades on them, its cuz i’am thinking of taking the calculus classes online through the ut austin university extensions system to finish them faster.</p>

<p>lol it’s actually round rock, texas. And the austin area is the third ranked most recession proof city in the United States. So there is a very good chance that jobs will be available. </p>

<p>Here’s the article for your reference [America’s</a> most recession-proof cities - Yahoo! Real Estate](<a href=“http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/americas-most-recession-proof-cities]America’s”>http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/americas-most-recession-proof-cities)</p>

<p>@ratedrandy</p>

<p>My former university has calculus in a three semester sequence; I only took the first two and got A’s in them.</p>

<p>Just finish your calculus, keep up your grades, and plan your essays in advance, and you will be fine when it comes to admission to UT.</p>

<p>oops srry lol, yeah i meant round rock, nice to know that austin is recession proof, gives me that much more hope, man everything is coming together so nicely, i really think i have a shot at ut austin and then getting a job :). i just hope i get through calculus now, thats the only think i need left. i hope taking calculus online doesn’t bite me in the ass, i mean that’s the only classes ill be taking this fall semester and i don’t have a job so i shouldn’t get too stressed about it when i have plenty of time on my hands</p>

<p>wondering if anyone can help me with this
i was doing some research here at my local college and i believe i can finish all my calculus classes here within a year. i want to apply to ut austin and start there next fall semester so i would apply before the march deadline for that. so i checked what i can do with the classes and wondering if this would be good enough to apply to cockrell engineering school. i would do</p>

<p>MATH 1316 Plane Trigonometry - Summer Session II 2010
MATH 2412 Precalculus Math - Fall Semester 2010
MATH 2413 Calculus I - Spring Semester 2010
MATH 2414 Calculus II - Summer Session I 2011
MATH 2415 Calculus III - Summer Session II 2010</p>

<p>then i can start the engineering program in the fall after calculus 3, is this something that is possible?</p>

<p>You only need up to Calc II if you want to apply to Engineering. But it should be possible. Just let them know that you will be taking Calc II in the Summer.</p>

<p>o ok cool, i though so, i read the website of the requirements but wasn’t sure, is that what you did though? did you go up to calc II and then apply or did you apply while still taking it.</p>

<p>I took Calc II in Spring '10 and applied for Fall '10 and got in.</p>

<p>o ok cool nice :). I’m guessing once you finished calc II, u have to send them an upgraded transcript though in may right? not sure how that works</p>

<p>Well I had to send them my final transcript after Spring '10 anyways since I didn’t have the 30 hours…</p>

<p>o.o o really? so wait, u didn’t send them any transcript at all before March 1? cuz i though that was the summer/fall deadline, at least that’s what it says on their website,</p>

<p>I had to send one when I applied for Fall '10, which was early January.</p>

<p>I am a senior attending a AAAAA school in Georgia. Other stats:</p>

<p>Taken all AP/gifted classes in math and science: made a 5/5 as a junior in AP Calculus BC. I’m taking AP Chemistry, AP Physics II, AP Stat, etc. this year as a senior.</p>

<p>SAT - Math 760; Verbal - 610. I am retaking in October in hopes of improving my score.</p>

<p>GPA - 3.5 - b/c I goofed off my freshman and first part of my sophomore years. I’ve had all A’s with the exception of 2 high B’s since the later part of my sophomore, junior and senior years. </p>

<p>Member of Mu Alpha Theta; Science Olympiad; Math Team; Lettered in Golf and received Academic Scholar awards.</p>