Chances of getting into engineering?

<p>Hi,
I am a junior and am interested in A&M's engineering program. I am not sure what degree I will pursue. My stats:
21% rank - Top 100 national public schoool
In state
1430 SAT (800 math, 630 CR)
Eagle Scout
Band
Lots of other leadership</p>

<p>Do yo think I will get accepted into engineering? I hear A&M does not provide much scholarship $$. Is that true?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>With your current stats you would be an academic admit. You also have the required math score on your SAT for the college of engineering. With that being said, I would suggest that you do STILL apply early in order to guarantee your choice of major. My S will be entering the Petroleum Engineering program this fall and I do know that by the middle of November that program (and many others) were already filled. Also, auto admits usually get acceptance very quickly and that can make for a less stressful Sr. year. Even if you are applying to several schools, you can rest a little knowing you have an available option. Althought…TAMU really is “the only option” :)</p>

<p>As far as scholarships, there is a lot of competition for their $$ at A&M. You will be up against many very deserving candidates. But, don’t let that get you discouraged, the school is well worth the investment!</p>