Chances of getting into Texas A&M? 2023!

Howdy! I am about to be a senior and planning to apply for Texas A&M. I was wondering what my chances of getting in would be through holistic review?

Class Rank: Top 18%
SAT: 1330
EC: NHS, Model UN (Officer), Key Club, Student Council, Studio Dancer (10 years), Member of Church Youth group (3 years) and Section Leader/Principle Player for the top band at my school.

Also if you have any suggestions, please let me know!
Thanks!

Do a little test prep and take the SAT again. Think it is offered in August. If you raise it to 1360 (specific sub scores needed so look those up) you would be an academic admit. A lot nicer to to be an academic admit & know you are in! This was my daughter’s situation and it was so nice to find out she was admitted the end of September versus not taking the test again (she also had a 1330) and having to wait a lot longer to find out.

Just so u know it is 1360 and top 25%.

@Tuppence22 Thank you!

I would also recommend retaking the sat and try to raise the score to the academic admit level, you are so close. This would make it a guaranteed entrance and allow you to go ahead and apply for housing. Have you taken the ACT?

@rosegeo Yes, I have! I like the structure for the SAT a lot better, and I got a 23 on the ACT. Thanks!

My daughter also liked the SAT better. We found a 4 Saturday (4 hours each Saturday) prep class at our local college. (This class seemed a little more reasonably priced.) They focused on SAT strategy and she went to it right before retaking the SAT.

random question: I currently am a rising senior OOS AZ although I haven’t been formally ranked im pretty sure that I’m in the top 25 percent and have 1340 on the SAT, taking it again in August to achieve 1360, I just wanted to know if academic admission would get me into the mays school of business directly or would there have to be other things I would have to do in order to get into mays.

@Cactuscolleger Mays is mostly filled with top 10% and academic admits. Few review admits get in.so what you need to do is make sure you are an automatic admit and not a review admit to have the best shot. Also get your application in early as the spots fill up fast.

As @trinley mentioned, do not procrastinate on your application. Get it submitted and send the scores that you have. Then, you can submit your new scores as soon as you have them and your application will update and go to the front of the line as an academic admit if you make the minimums.

For your essays, use Word Pad. Word Pad is a lot like Microsoft Word but is just a basic editor and it translates smoothly into the Apply Texas format without hiccups. It is like a notebook online and comes with your computer.
Go to Start
Then All Programs
Then Accessories
If you have it, it should be in there.
If you use MS Word, which you certainly can, when you copy and paste your essay into applyTexas, proof read it carefully as some characters may not translate properly. Proof read it carefully no matter which program you use.
Here are some pointers about the essay https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/html/faq_essay.html

Also try the ACT. Some people do better on it than the SAT. For the ACT you need a composite score of 30 with at least 27 English and 27 Math.

Mays takes only 1000 students and the majority of the seats are taken by top 10% and academic admits. Your chance as an out of state applicant are close to zero if a review applicant. To get a spot, you need to be an academic admit. In addition to the 1360, you need to have the sub scores of 620 Math and 660 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) in conjunction with top 25%.

Mays is usually full by mid November with students who have accepted their offer of admissions. Auto admits who apply late are notified to chose another major.

Best of Luck to you

What is the chance of admission into Liberal Arts (Political Science or International Relations) with an ACT of 24 but an impressive High School Transcript? Example: rank top 50%, Distinguished Level Achievement Diploma, 3 Endorsements (Arts & Humanities, Bussines and Industry, Public Service (Law)) also performance level in Bilingualism,Multidisciplinary, AP in Spanish score 4, Dual credit, Member of a prestigious band program ranked top 10 in the country and plays 3 instruments (Oboe, English Horn, Alto Sax), member of the top Wind ensemble in the school (1 out of 5 bands) second chair Oboist, Qualified and participating in the prestigious International MidWest Convention-Chicago in December 2018, 80+ volunteer hours, member and officer of LEO club, member of TRi-M Honor Musical Society for 3 years in a row. Already have college credit for Macroeconomics, US Government, Spanish, Law enforcement and Forensics. Will have a chance without being BLINNed? Thanks in advance.

Where are you in the top 50%? The 24 is below average but I’ve seen that score get in full admit with top 15% ranking.Your ECs are incredible as is your class rigor. BUT, it really just depends on where you are in the top 50. Rank and score is 50% of acceptance algorithm. Good luck and keep us posted. AND I would recommend you keep taking the ACT to get that score up OR take the residual ACT at TAMU.

chances for college station???

major: 1. Poly Sci, 2. History (yes for Corps)
SAT: 1310- 660 Engl&Read 650 math (taking it again Nov.)
3.9 GPA
16 out of 84 (20%) class rank
AP ancient world (3), AP Lit (3), AP US History (4), AP Chem (1, big oof), AP Gov&Econ& Lang this year
EC: Texas Boys State- elected house of rep., Student council president (9,10,11 grade), Student Body President (12),
Current Events Club president (10,11,12 grade), NHS, Academic Team (9,10,11,12), The American Legion Oratory
Contest (post and district winner), Cross Country (9,10, 11 {team captain, varsity} 12 {team captain, varsity}),
Track (9,10,11{Varsity}, 12{Varsity}) Swimming (10,11{Varsity}, 12{Varsity}), Church group member, over 100
Service Hours
Awards: AP Scholar, Academic Letter, Academic-All State swimming, some smaller school awards

Thanks for taking the time.

@toesinthewater Holy cow. Very impressive stats and leadership! You should be extremely proud. Have you taken the ACT? I would try that as well. I think you have an amazing shot at full admit. You are super close to academic admit with that SAT, so yes, be diligent, study and take it again. Your majors won’t fill up, so you don’t need to worry about getting it done any sooner (except for peace of mind). Please keep us posted!

Thank You, I have taken the ACT and i prefer the SAT. I am doing a prep course soon and taking the SAT again in November. It is reliving to hear that, It helps going to a small school but hopefully my hard work will pay off. Will keep updated.

@AggieMomhelp You told me to keep you posted so…Just got admitted!!!

@toesinthewater whoop! Congrats. Welcome to the Aggie family. So happy for you!