chances of getting into texas a&m?

incoming junior at a very competitive high school
top 29% of my class
weighted gpa: 3.86
goal sat score: 1270
coursework: all pre ap/ap except math
extracurriculars: worship leader, part of student ministry team at my church, captain of JV choir, volunteered to teach horseback riding at a summer camp (180 hours), host of young life club, teacher’s assistant at local elementary school
major: nursing or education

Are you instate?
What is your UW GPA?

Your 1270 SAT score is low for A&M and will be viewed as an objective measure of your abilities that has nothing to do with how competitive your high school is. You will need to focus on improving your score a 100 points or so and get your class rank up. A&M does not factor in the alleged competitiveness of your high school. A&M is interested in YOUR stats, not the impressive stats of your classmates.

You may be eligible for one of A&M’s “Alternative Admissions” programs which are explained on its website.

Good luck!!

Your rank is a little better than my 2019 daughter had. GPA about the same. SAT is the same - but her ACT was a 28 (that translates little higher than 1270). She got PSA.

With COVID who knows what will happen with the admission process. But I would strongly encourage you to look for other schools where you would feel comfortable, in case the decision is PSA. And also look at the PSA options because that can work well for some majors.