Chances of Getting into the Whitman/Ischool Dual Program (Applying ED)

Demographics: Gender, race/ethnicity, state, type of school, and hooks (URM, first generation, legacy, athlete, etc.) Male, Black (Nigerian), Maryland, Semi competitional Private school, URM (doesn’t matter anymore though) . Upper Middle Class (90k)

**Intended Major(s):**Accounting/Information Technology. (Whitman/iSchool)

ACT/SAT/SAT II: If i do good on the ACT I will submit it, if not then optional

UW/W GPA and Rank: 4.06W. 3.8 UW. school doesn’t do rankings

Coursework: AP/IB/Dual Enrollment classes, AP/IB scores, etc

AP World-3, Lang-3, Will be doing doing Calc AB, AP Gov and AP lit. (sending scores in)

Took pre-calc at a community college.

I have taken 6 honors classes and 2 more during my senior year.

Also taken an accounting class if that means anything

Award:

Not the Best

Principal’s list award 11x. Principal’s list means you need above 3.8 (Our school does quarters)

Dean’s List 1x. Dean’s list means you need above a 3.5

My School’s Gentlemen award

HTML School Awards

Local engineering competitions

Award from a local college

Award from school that pays for my books next year

Extracurriculars: Include leadership & summer activities

3 Years-Black Student Union. BSU is a place to talk about issues in the black community and we also do school events and club trips. I will become president this upcoming year.

3 Years-President of the Engineering Club. We do Mechanical, Electrical, robotics, and some coding. Won a few local competitions. Becoming Vice President this Year

3 Years-Social Justice Club. Advocate for progressiveness in the local area. We have protests, regularly help out the homeless, and club trips. Vice President for 3 years

(4 Years) Varsity Track.

(Summer 2022) An internship where I worked at various businesses

(Oct. 2022-April 2023) Worked virtually with a startup podcast and help upload videos.

(Summer 2022) Worked as an intern at a government office. Organized files and papers

Essays/LORs/Other: Optionally, guess how strong these are and include any other relevant information or circumstances.

Essay-About the “art of organization”. I talk about things personal to me, not a sob story. 7.5/10

LORs-

Accounting teacher, I had a good relationship with him. 7/10

AP World Teacher, I had a great relationship with him and he gave me a glowing recommendation. 11/10

Math Teacher- Had him for 2 years, and had a good relationship with him.

My ECs are mostly 2-3 years due to covid affecting my freshman year.

The Fin-Aid Calculator is reasonable

You don’t need awards.

You have a chance.

Save your money. Don’t send in your APs unless they require them. Self report.

If they admit you then send in.

For your ECs, quantify what you’ve done where you can. Recruited x members of organized participation in x # of competitions etc.