CHANCES OF GETTING INTO UCI, UCLA, OR CSUF's NURSING PROGRAM??

Hey guys, I’m currently a high school senior. What are my chances of getting into UCI, UCLA, & CSUF’s nursing program??

Cumulative weighted GPA: 4.38
Ranked: 13/122
SAT: 1280/1600

Extracurriculars:

• Varsity Girls Tennis (10th-12th grade)
  • Varsity Swim (9th & 10th grade)
  • National Honors Society

Leadership:

• Team Captain of Tennis Team (12th grade)
  • Newspaper Copy Editor

Community Service:

• I have been volunteering at a hospital since 9th grade, and I still am
  • I participated in a health fair my 9th grade

What is your UC/CSU Capped Weighted GPA? This is what the UC’s and CSU’s will use for admission purposes.

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Depending upon what your UC/CSU GPA calculates out to, CSU Fullerton could be a Match school. I am sure you will get into CSU Fullerton but no guarantee for the Nursing program.

You want an Eligibility index of 4550 for a solid chance as a direct admit so around a 4.08 UC/CSU GPA could do it for CSUF.

I would add San Diego State, Azusa Pacific University and University of San Francisco to your list as direct admit Nursing options. Nursing programs in California are highly competitive and impacted, so you need to apply widely.

For non-direct admit programs but worth applying are CSU Long Beach.

Your SAT is low for UCI and UCLA so they will Reach schools.
Here is UCI’s stats for last years applicants:::

Fall 2017 freshman applicants: 2,540
Fall 2017 freshman admissions: 88 (3.5% admitted)
Average UC GPA (capped weighted): 4.25 GPA
Average total SAT score (new version): 1354

UCLA has even lower admission rate so expect comparable to higher requirements for their program.

Best of luck.

My weighted and capped GPA is 4.07 AHHHHH… UCI is my top choice school. If I don’t get into their nursing program, can I get in with the alternate major I picked? or will they not consider my alternate major?? My alternate major is Chemistry.

My weighted and capped GPA is 4.07 AHHHHH… UCI is my top choice school. If I don’t get into their nursing program, can I get in with the alternate major I picked? or will they not consider my alternate major?? My alternate major is Chemistry.

UCI will consider your alternate major and then you can reapply for the Nursing program after you complete the Pre-Reqs’s there. If your UC GPA is 4.07 then CSU Fullerton and San Diego State are good options also. All will get you where you want to be with a BSN so best of luck.

Thank You so much!!

Also, I am retaking the SAT this December. What score should I aim for?

I would try to aim for around a 1350+.

If I don’t make it into CSUF’s nursing program, I can still be accepted to the school with a different major? Sorry, I’m new with all this :(((

And what’s a direct admit nursing program? non direct admit?

Yes, you can still be accepted to CSUF with a different major, take the Nursing pre-req courses than reapply at the end of Sophomore year.

I’m freaking out. What do you mean by UCI will consider my alternate major??

If you do not get into the Nursing program at UCI, they may still admit you to your alternate major or as Undeclared.