Chances of getting into Virginia Tech

Hi everyone! So I got the email today saying that all decisions are coming out on March 5, and I’m a little worried.
I have a 3.54 weighted GPA, 1210 SAT out of 1600, I go to an in-state private school, I’ve taken 6 AP classes, I have over 100 hours of community service, and I have been the president of one club and the secretary of two clubs.
Do you think I could get in? Thanks!

What major did you apply for? I think that makes a big difference, especially if it is for engineering. VT is honestly so all over the place with the way they accept their applicants. I know some people with a 3.8 that didn’t get in last year, but others with a 3.5 that did, so it’s hard to tell, but to answer your question, I think if you didn’t apply for engineering you will be fine!

Use the attached link to determine, based on major, where you stand statistically compared to others. Keep in mind that this is just one factor and it is very high level as admissions actually looks at the quality of GPA, which we can not do based on this information. That is why you may see someone with a “low” GPA get accepted when someone with a “high” GPA is not. Admissions has a very difficult job sorting all this out and normalizing the results. Hoping you get a favorable answer when decisions come out.

https://irweb.ir.vt.edu/webtest/admission_data.aspx

Did you apply to other schools? Do you have decisions yet?

I’m an international applicant. I have not received any notifications. :confused:

I have very similar stats to you (same SAT, 3.61 GPA , 4 AP//1 DE, with lots of community service) I am a little nervous about making it in because my gpa is on the low side but I think it depends on a lot of factors, one of the biggest being major chosen. What major did you choose or are you going in University Studies? (I chose Animal and Poultry Science)