Chances of getting Presidential Scholarship

<p>Hi everyone! I have been looking into scholarships offered at UA and I feel like I fit the criteria for the presidential scholarship but I’m not sure how often its given.
My cumulative gpa is 3.7
My SAT’s are 1850
I haven’t officially taken the ACTs but last practice I got 33
This year I am taking AP Literature, AP gov, AP Calc AB, AP physics B , I take AP Psych out of school and last year I took AP biology
my intend majors are pre-med and cognitive science
My ECs: certified EMT I volunteer with a service, I teach religious education, I run indoor track, I am involved in a many charities and organize fundraisers, I also work under a doctor in a hospital
any info will help! thanks!</p>

<p>Keep doing doing those practice tests and then officially get at least a 32, if you are an applicant this fall. The criteria is always subject to change in future years, but 32 is the requirement for this year.</p>

<p>Sdlucia, are you a junior or a senior?</p>

<p>whether or not you get the presidential scholarship will depend on your SAT/ACT scores and your GPA. all that other stuff won’t have an impact.</p>

<p>it is given to everyone who qualifies for it.</p>

<p>Your GPA exceeds the minimum standard. What is your SAT CR+Math? That has to be at least a 1400. If you take the ACT you need at least a 32 composite.</p>

<p>My recommendation is to jump ship on the SAT and focus on studying for the ACT. I did the same thing, but in reverse, and it allowed me to focus on the test that I was better at and eventually get my score to where it needed to be.</p>

<p>I’m taking the ACTs in December. I’m a senior and I have applied</p>

<p>Everyone who has the right stats and applies by Dec 15th gets the scholarship. The awards aren’t competitive. If you have the stats, then you get the award. </p>

<p>So, there’s no issue of “how many are awarded.” Bama will award hundreds and hundreds and hundreds every year. Over 600 frosh each year enroll with that award…not counting the students who went elsewhere.</p>

<p>FYI…</p>

<p>Premed isn’t a major at 99% of universities. You major in whatever you want and you take the premed prereqs…which aren’t unique classes.</p>

<p>Bama has a labeled pre med program but it is just the prerequisites
By my info does it seem like I have the stats?</p>

<p>Not yet. You need a 1400 two-part or a 32 ACT.</p>

<p>I recommend taking the December SAT and the December ACT. You have so much to gain it’s worth a shot. Good luck to you. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>^Agreed. With this amount of money on the line, you may as well treat acing this thing like it’s your job.</p>

<p>I’m signed up to take them in December.
I’m taking a course and have been studying incredibly hard.</p>

<p>^^Best of luck. Hope you kill it.</p>

<p>Roll Tide. :)</p>

<p>Test day tips:
Eat breakfast, bring snacks, caffein-ate around 20% more than you normally do, wear comfortable clothes, dress in layers to account for different temps, bring lots of pencils and a backup calc/batteries, and don’t let little noises get to you. </p>

<p>Kick some SAT/ACT butt!</p>

<p>Those are good tips. I recommend the book Up Your Score for many, many more. Wishing you the best of luck!</p>

<p>Thanks for the tips and support! I’m putting a lot of effort into studying. A scholarship like this would mean so much! I hope everything works out!</p>

<p>Bama has a labeled pre med program but it is just the prerequisites
By my info does it seem like I have the stats?
</p>

<p>Yes, for some reason Bama has Premed and Prelaw listed at “majors” on the application. They really need to get rid of that unless they’re trying to get some count.</p>

<p>What do you mean…do you have the stats? For premed? or for scholarships???</p>

<p>You don’t need certain stats to be premed.</p>

<p>to Mom2collegekids</p>

<p>I looked at the pre law write up, and it looked pretty good, actually. It may not be a major, but it is attractive.</p>