Chances of getting rescinded from UCR now?

<p>I got 5 As and 1 D my second semester of high school so they sent me an admission in jeopardy email and called me as well.</p>

<p>But the thing is that I mailed them a letter telling them that I probably will get an F in AP Calculus and they said before that “my admission can be in jeopardy if I get another D/F”.
Well, I didn’t! In fact I raised that F to a D. So why are they telling me now that I may be rescinded?</p>

<p>Well here’s how the phone call went today. They told me that my admission is in jeopardy. They asked me when I am going to go to orientation and they said they expect me to go forward. (I’m guessing this means to go to orientation). </p>

<p>I passed the MAE and placed into first year Calculus. I passed the AWPE and got a 10. My SAT is 1840. So I’m really scared now because I’ve wasted so much freaking money and time when they said before that I was ok but now not ok?</p>

<p>bumpbumpbump</p>

<p>

Because

and you got another D.</p>

<p>You might get rescinded and you might not. Good luck.</p>

<p>I hope you don’t get rescinded. And, if you do, I’m sure there is an appeals process that you should exercise. Did you take and pass the AP Calc test?</p>

<p>I would not be at all surprised if Riverside is rescinding more people than they have in previous years, enforcing rules they may not have before. UCR had a 7.5% increase in SIRs this year over last. I’m betting they did not expect that increase and that they are trying what they can to reduce the size of the incomming freshman class.</p>

<p>[Intent</a> to register data - Fall 2010](<a href=“http://www.ucop.edu/news/factsheets/2010/fall2010sir.html]Intent”>http://www.ucop.edu/news/factsheets/2010/fall2010sir.html)</p>

<p>I’m assuming you had an F the first semester? UCR meant that if you receive a D or F second semester, you may in trouble.</p>

<p>UCR is somewhat lenient in these matters. Your application and final transcripts will be thoroughly reviewed. Depending on your major (business and engineering are fairly strict), UCR may extend or revoke your acceptance.</p>

<p>If there is extenuating circumstances surrounding your bad grade, you should offer an explanation. Call and talk to the admissions office.</p>