Chances of Lakeside School Seattle

Hi! I am applying to Lakeside in Seattle for 9th grade.
I am:
Half Taiwanese Female, Non-Legacy
SSAT scores- 2301 (97%)
Math 91%
Reading 93%
Verbal 98%

Swimmer
Female Boy Scout (First Class Rank)
I have played cello for 9 years and piano for 4.
GPA- 4.0
I take advanced math classes at my school
I speak Mandarin (a bit) and wrote my essay on mini greenhouses.
Thank you for reading!

Are you applying for next year, as results have been released already for Fall
2023? Or are you asking about waitlist chance ?

I am asking about waitlist chance, sorry that I did not clarify!

@cocobeans12345 , nobody can chance getting off a WL. It’s not about being more qualified or a better applicants, it’s about what the school needs. If they need boys to keeping the boy-girl ratio balanced, you’re out of luck.

Historically Lakeside is very good at managing their yield and rarely take from their waitlist. Not impossible, but if you have have another option, I would recommend depositing and moving forward with that school. If you do get off the waitlist, it most likely won’t occur until the summer - again based on historical trends. You should feel very good about making the waitlist, as very few students are put on it and most of the applicant pool is rejected - they are telling you that you were very qualified and just didn’t make the final cut.

3 Likes

That was true about on the WL, the son went to the other school, a lot of classmates said they were rejected directly by HW even they had been in talented private schools for elementary schools, some of them were placed to algebra 2 or geometry in the new school year acceleration placement test. so crazy.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.