Chances of transfering into the College of Engineering?

<p>Hey guys,I was admitted by Purdue College of Technology,which is my alternative choice.But I have always wanted to study Engineering so I am asking now what are the chances of me getting successfully transfer into the College of Engineering?I am a freshman,I hope I can change my major after I get there,or after the first year end.I know a GPA above 3.0 is qualified to apply to transfer into College of E,but I don't know how much GPA do I have to gain in order to be competitive?Could someone answer my question?Thx</p>

<p>Nobody can answer me that?</p>

<p>If I were you, I will call into the advisor of Engineering and ask what is the average GPA of students getting into Engineering dept. I do that with other major and got answer. </p>

<p>We visited the school and it is really hard to say, if you know, mostly depends from year to year. If the year you joined has competitive students then your chance is low. It is also difficult to compare the workload that you can handle, not just GPA. “3.0” is NOT all equal across the board… just try your best. </p>

<p>I always believe in “will power” and willingness to accomplish attitude. By the way, Engineering is under School of Technology’s umbrella. </p>

<p>Best of luck.</p>

<p>kjong58 said:
“By the way, Engineering is under School of Technology’s umbrella.”</p>

<p>Actually, Engineering (as in Aeronautical and Astronautical, Mechanical, Chemical, Biomedical, Civil, Electrical, Computer, Nuclear, etc.) is in the College of Engineering, not the College of Technology. Two different animals…</p>

<p>@ilovelimabeans is right.Engineering and Technology are two different curriculum,with different career paths.But thanks to @kjong58’s advice,I will try that</p>

<p>My mother used to (like 30 years ago used to) work in the advisor’s department at Purdue and she said after the first semester/year there are a lot of people transferring out of engineering and into engineering tech because it’s easier. I have no idea what your chances of getting into the program are, I just thought it might be something to consider</p>