Chances on getting in

<p>[ *] ACT: 28
[ *] GPA: 3.98 to 4.1 (not exactly sure, but almost always A's)
[ *] AP Classes: Ap English Lit and AP American History (all that are offered)
[ *] Extracurriculars: Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Baseball, National Honors Soceity<br>
[ *] Volunteer/Community service: 100+ Hours Zoo volunteering, 50+ Tech Corps Wisconsin, 10+ Local Thrift Store, Church Usher
[ *] State: WI
[ *] School Type: Private (under 200)
[ *] Ethnicity: White
[ *] Gender: Male</p>

<p>What other info would you need? New at this. I am looking to major in Computer Science/Engineering. I already have a little programming under my belt and can build a computer pretty handily.</p>

<p>Proposed major doesn’t matter- all students get admitted to the university as a whole. Computer background in HS doesn’t matter for being able to major in/do well in comp sci. Your gpa is great- presuming it is unweighted- and your ACT puts you somewhere in the vast middle group of applicants. Not sure if you are a junior looking ahead or a senior who will have ALL materials submitted (received) this week for the coming fall. You have a good chance but never a guarantee.</p>

<p>I am a junior at the moment, and the ACT was taken in December. I am going to take it again, but what should I improve to make the chances better.</p>

<p>Keep up your grades. Study areas you can improve on for the next ACT you take late this spring or early next fall (not necessary to take a prep course- library study materials and more time in school will increase your knowledge base/thinking skills).</p>

<p>Thanks alot, I think I can really improve on my next ACT, I slacked in reading and writing. But its weird because I read and write alot. Thanks though.</p>