Chances OOS Applicant

<p>Okay so I am worried right now as I applied just before (got confirmation that everything reached October 30) the November 1st deadline. I still have this message "Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. During the review we may request additional materials. You will be notified by email when a decision is made so that you can check back here for updates on your application status." Some of my stats are </p>

<p>3.60 gpa **weighted (only one AP Class which I received a B, none of the honors classes which I have taken throughout high school in almost every subject is weighted), almost the same gpa unweighted so not really a big deal. (taking 3 AP's Senior Year, my school only offers 6 and two of them overlap)
1740 on SAT (600 CR 590 M 550 W) (i know not stellar)
but where I think my application excels is my extracurricular activities,
- Participated in the ultra-competitive Cleveland Clinic Science Internship, my research, and plans for better efficiency were adopted by the satellite hospital I was at
- 3 Year Captain of the Varsity Tennis Team
-All-State Selection for Tennis
-Conference MVP, 1st-Team @ #1 Singles, and Team MVP
-4 Years Student Gov't Class Rep
-2 Years National Honors Society
-4 Years Key Club<br>
-Spanish Club President (Sr), Publicity Officer (Jr)
-1st Degree Black Belt
-CPR Certified, Certified Skydiver
-2 Year Sports Writer for the school paper<br>
-Over 200 hours in other volunteering, stemming from hospital experience to teaching the elderly in my community how to use computers</p>

<p>PS I got a huge “learn about the Univ of Wisconsin” book in the mail, i realize this doesn’t mean much but I guess I have not been rejected and I applied more than a month ago =)</p>

<p>I would call this a major reach, your SATs really hurt your chances. There are lots of applicants that have your other stats. Good luck</p>

<p>Really good tennis player, though. That could do the trick.</p>

<p>Are you a tennis recruit? Otherwise very reachy.</p>

<p>no i am not, i have some d3 offers and a couple lower d1 offers but this is strictly academics, i’m surprised though that i have not been rejected after more than a month, going on 2? i have no idea what that means if they’re still reviewing my application!</p>

<p>Timing means nothing. Some come out faster than others. Just random luck.</p>

<p>Not necessarily random luck on receiving a decision. Your stats put you into the huge pool of similar applicants. They are likely waiting to see which decision to make, the quick decisions are clear accept/deny ones.</p>

<p>There have been several postponed in this small sample.</p>

<p>so are they probably still reviewing my application? and will i find out regardless by January 15 as I applied before the priority deadline? and sorry, last question will I find out online first, before it comes in the mail?!</p>

<p>Read the Admissions website completely. Here’s the link for deadlines/timing:
[Freshman</a> Applicants: Deadlines - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/freshman/deadlines.php]Freshman”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/freshman/deadlines.php)<br>
If they receive your complete app on or before Nov. 1st, they promise an answer by end of January. Not Jan. 15th, not first in- not by state, not by counselor, not in any particular order. Remember, the only thing worse than not hearing, is getting DENIED. So, I assume that if you haven’t heard something, you still have a shot and your app is being reviewed.</p>

<p>Sorry, missed your last question. You’ll get an e-mail notification, telling you your application status/notification has changed. Then, you go online, check your status thru the Student Center. A paper letter follows in a few days to a week with additional info.</p>