94/415
ACT composite : 28
science:29 math:28 reading:30 english:26
APs:
Biology 5
Us 4
macro 4
World 4</p>

<p>APs in my senior year: calc ab, stats, psychology, physics b, environmental science, and ap lang</p>

<p>GPA:
3.75</p>

<p>Hey! I saw your post and figured I could help another out-of-stater :)</p>

<p>First off, I’m curious as to what your intended major is. This can make a difference as some majors are harder to get into than others.</p>

<p>Your AP scores are phenomenal and will definitely help your stance with A&M.</p>

<p>You ACT is good. I realize it may be too late but if you can, I recommend you take it again. 30 seems to be the magical number (for both getting in and scholarships) and your English seems a little weak (don’t worry, I hate English so my English was kinda eh but I was able to pull a composite of 30). If not, have no fear, a 28 is still very good.</p>

<p>Your rank is probably the most concerning. You are in the top 25% which is good for sure but last year A&M pretty much took the top 10% people. Now that doesn’t mean it’s over at all. You still have a good chance. I can’t say how your rank will affect your chances just because I was an auto admit so it wasn’t a big concern.</p>

<p>Your ECs, course load, and GPA are good as well. Make sure that when filling out the part where it ask for how many hours, that includes trips and overall time spent. When my parents went to the parent part of Whoopin’ Weekend a couple years ago the guy said include every hour you spent on a (missions trip, for example), including driving time, prep time, everything because they want to see the level of dedication and your ability to be as well rounded as possible.</p>

<p>If you can visit A&M and go to as many events as possible. Now being from California, I realize that isn’t a “hey let’s hop in the car and drive to College Station for the day” type event but I strongly recommend you make as much of an effort as possible. They appreciate your dedication to their school (and I’m not sure if this is true but I’d like to think that they’d take into account that you’re an out-of-stater and therefore making trips to A&M is a bigger deal than if you lived in Dallas or somewhere else in Texas).</p>

<p>Also, good tip, when writing the essays, if there are any discrepancies (for example, my grades my junior year weren’t that fantastic), explain it in a direct and factual way. Don’t write a sob story per-se, but if there was any hardship you had to overcome or something happened to you or a loved one, talk about it and explain how the experience made you stronger/a better person. Write your essays in such a way that the reader feels sympathetic without feeling like your trials have incapacitated you.</p>

<p>I understand this is off-topic but I have to ask… what robotics platform did you use. I was on a Vex Robotics team for 3 years in high school. Tons of fun.</p>

<p>Beyond that, I wish you the best of luck of getting in! :)</p>