Chances PLEASE (It's my #1) - When to hear back?

<p>Wisconsin is my #1 school. I spent my summer there in 2007 and loved it. I applied early October and had my transcript sent around 2 weeks ago. When should I hear back?</p>

<p>OOS - New Jersey
GPA Weighted - 3.754<br>
GPA UW - No clue. Probably around a 3.4
Rank - 68/366
*For rank, my transcript release form did not indicate me wanting to have my rank included. However, the counselor form makes the rank be included, so my rank is there I guess.</p>

<p>Have 7 AP's and 6 Honors.</p>

<p>SAT
Math - 670
Reading - 680
Writing - 680</p>

<p>1350/1600 2030/2400</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
Cross Country JV & Varsity - all 4 years
Student Council - 2 Year Representative
NHS
Tennis Team - JV Soph Year
JSU President
JSA Member
Youth Group Vice-President & Community Service Chair - all 4 years involved</p>

<p>Employment:
Day Camp
Restaurant</p>

<p>Volunteer Work:
Volunteered in Madison, WI - various community service for 3 weeks
Went to New Orleans for Hurricane Katrina relief over spring break.
Volunteer with a boy with Asperger's syndrome
Internships:**
Held an internship position for 6 weeks at a local radio station in Wisconsin while spending my summer there.</p>

<p>UW looks at your unweighted academic GPA. According to their chart <a href="http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf&lt;/a>
you have a 55% chance of getting in. Just write some good essays and you'll most likely get in.</p>

<p>Numerically, I have a 55% chance. But do my EC's and actually having an internship in Madison, doing community service there, and living there help? When should I hear back? My app was submitted online mid-October and my transcript was received last week around 10/26.</p>

<p>Grades and test scores count the most, course rigor is taken into account. Most students will have plenty of EC's- they don't care if you were in town for them. Read the admissions info as in post #2. Your unweighted gpa will be the gpa without any extra points for AP, Honors et al - easy for you to calculate. See the website- we get our information from it.</p>

<p>I know, I jut wanted to see if my connection to Wisconsin would help me where my gpa is lacking.</p>

<p>Hopefully you used the essays to explain more about your 'connection' to Madison.</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>