**chances Please!**

<p>Hi! I'm an African American female from Dallas wondering about my chances for admission and scholarships...I go to an extremely competitive school and am ranked 129/938.</p>

<p>3.9 W, 3.6 UW
2090 SAT
33 ACT
Top 13% of class
Captain of Varsity Debate 11th and 12th grade, Habitat for Humanity, Young Democrats, Multicultural club, National Honor Society (Leadership positions within each)
5 APs by end of senior year
Numerous honors classes
2 Dual Enrollment classes
Participated in Telluride Association Sophomore Seminar (TASS) and Telluride Association Summer Program (TASP) [highly selective scholarship programs].</p>

<p>Thanks for your help!</p>

<p>msmith you will get in no doubt, i think the average act is 26-30. and when i went down there for a tour, bc i applied there also, it said the classes one takes is a big part of what they look at. i dont think youll have a problem. good luck!</p>

<p>Not only will you get in,but I think that you have a chance for some merit money.</p>

<p>Thanks for your help! I was kinda wondering about merit money as well...I qualify for the full tuition one BUT FOR the 1 - 2% of class...can they make exceptions to this? If so, how do I go about asking them to consider me for that scholarship? Finally, how many of those scholarships are awarded per year and how does applying regular decision (instead of ED or EA) affect one's chances?</p>

<p>You won't get full tuition in my opinion.</p>

<p>you don't think so? why not?</p>

<p>i agree with taxguy. You definielty need to be in a much higher part of your class. 13% is too low for full. whats your sat score without the writing?</p>

<p>highest total (taken it twice) is 1490 (without writing)...but that's from two different sittings. our graduating class recently grew...it began with 938 and now is up to 970-something.</p>