Chances please

<p>Asian Male</p>

<p>3.45 UW GPA
2220 SAT (770M, 720CR, 730W)
24 ACT
National Honor Roll
National Merit Semifinalist</p>

<p>I have taken the most challenging courseload my School has to offer, school has very good reputation (I am in 83rd percentile).</p>

<p>I have taken AP European history, American History, Physics, Language, Statistics, Calc, and CIS Spanish along with a slew of Honors classes.</p>

<p>Ap Euro- 4
Ap Stats- 5
Ap Calc- 4
Ap American history- 3
Ap Language- 4
Ap Physics- 4</p>

<p>Extracurricular-
My school is known for it's music program and has been ranked best in the midwest.</p>

<p>1 year Drumline</p>

<p>2 years leader of school's symphonic band</p>

<p>2 "superior" ratings in Minnesota instrumental solo contest</p>

<p>2 years Jazz band</p>

<p>1 year JV, 1 year V golf</p>

<p>I am also a drummer in a band outside of school, we played a Charity concert and raised 550 dollars for victims of Hurricane Katrina.</p>

<p>2 years Business Professionals of America</p>

<p>2 years Rock Climbing club</p>

<p>I volunteer to tutor middle school Spanish students 1-2 hours a week, have been for 2 years.</p>

<p>I have done 50 hours+ community service through church over the course of the past year</p>

<p>Leader of a church discussion group that meets every Friday at my church</p>

<p>Good recommendations.</p>

<p>I know by GPA is low, but do you think my test scores and heavy courseload will make up for it?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I think you ride in on your SATs and course load.</p>

<p>haha im guessing ur not submitting ACT scores right?
u should be okay. might be deferred because of the low GPA but should be fine</p>

<p>oops i meant 34 ACT not 24! sorry</p>

<p>I also have huge legacy (grandfather, mother, uncle)</p>

<p>Good chance. Your low GPA is a potential red flag but won't stop you from getting in. Try to bring in your legacy connections when writing why UW and you are a good fit.</p>