Chances please?

<p>I was wondering if anyone would be willing to tell me if I have a chance at getting into Colorado College...</p>

<p>I am a rising senior planning to apply as an out-of-state student...I am from Rockville, Maryland (right outside of DC). I attend a highly ranked public school which I have been told can be a plus, not so sure though. These are my stats....</p>

<p>UWGPA:3.66
WGPA: 4.14
ACT: 24(with no essay)
SAT: 1630 (retaking)</p>

<p>197 community service hours
Rowing Club: 9,10,11 (in-charge of recruitment)
Class Planning: 9,10,11 (an officer of the executive board)
National Honor Society: 11 (junior officer)
Red Cross Club: 9,10,11
Community Serice Club: 9,10,11
Total of 6 AP classes: Psychology, Human Geography, Enviormental Science, Literature, Language, Photography</p>

<p>Summer '09---I am leaving in a week to build houses in New Orleans, LA. I also work at a local ice cream shop.</p>

<p>Summer '08---I participated in a 3 week volunteer program in Olympic National Park where I worked on trail restoration and development.</p>

<p>Looks good, except for your test scores (but you knew that, right?)</p>

<p>You have zero chance if you don’t apply.</p>

<p>Do you think if I raise my SAT score by 100 points I will have a better chance?</p>

<p>I think you know the answer to that, too: Of course.</p>

<p>Will it make the difference between getting in or not? Hard to say. Most selective schools take a “holistic” approach. Your scores will be considered in the context of everything else. But generally, it’s better to have high grades and low scores than the opposite.</p>