Chances?!?!? pleassee =]

<p>Illinois Res
White Female, applied for engineering
GPA 3.4 UW 3.7 W
ACT 31 comp 32 eng 33 math 32 reading 28 sci
really good essays and 2 recommendations (AP calc teacher and habitat for humanity leader)
lots of extra curriculars like: dance team, theater, choir, variety show also choreographed and led freshman act in variety show jr and sr year, 3 jobs (2 restaurants and a summer camp counselor and swim teacher), dance class and teachers assistant, lotss of volunteering like interact club, volunteer at an animal shelter, student tutor and a week in mississippi doing habitat for humanity </p>

<p>i know the GPA kinda low but i have a upward trend from freshman year with a 3.0 UW 3.4 W to a 3.8 UW 4.2 W junior year </p>

<p>already accepted to University of Illinois at Urbana with similar essays
Thanks!!</p>

<p>also my school doesn’t do class rank but i’m in National Honors Society and Illinois state scholar so i’m estimating about top 15-20%
honors track of math, science and spanish since freshman year, AP Calc AP physics and AP stats</p>

<p>I’m from Illinois also and I’m not 100% sure about this, but I think Illinois State Scholars are anyone in the top 10% of their class, so that’s a huge plus for you.</p>

<p>i think its top 10% in illinois overall not my school in particular but…idk lol</p>

<p>I believe you have a good shot of getting in with that upward trend of GPA, above average test scores, and being a woman applying for engineering (it’s definitely a hook).</p>

<p>However- students get admitted to the university as a whole, not a school/college, regardless of proposed major so no hook for being a potential woman engineer. If your proposed major mattered a lot of students would pick the one to get in, then change it. Stats look good for getting in, especially with an upward grade trend.</p>

<p>thank you so much! ughh i wish she would just hurry up with decisions already its been like 3 months!</p>