chances plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<p>i have a 3.2 GPA with 1830/2400 1290/1600 SAT.......how are my chanceS? i was gonna take the november one but would that be too late? since wisconsin is rolling..... would it hurt me to apply so late after the november SATs?</p>

<p>Below 50%....................</p>

<p>
[quote]
would it hurt me to apply so late after the november SATs?

[/quote]

Unlikely. If you apply now, my guess is you will most likely end up in the postpone list (at best case). So, you are much better off working hard to improve your SAT score and particularly your current semester GPA in HS.</p>

<p>is taking the december SAT pushing it way too much? i mean, no matter how much i study i can't really see myself raising 200~300 pointson the SATs. rather than waiting to take the december SATs, which would be really LATE considering that almost half if not more of class would alreayd be filled with accepted students, should i just give it a shot anyway? Wisconsin is DEF my
1st choice...............</p>

<p>Your gradepoint is against you- even with SATs above 700 per test you would have only a 50% chance- look at the UW website, undergrad admissions, freshman expectations for a chances chart. Be realistic and apply to other schools where your stats fit the 25% to 75% range to insure you get in somewhere if you don't beat the odds and get into UW-Madison.</p>

<p>While you need to be realistic but don't get discouraged by your GPA alone. </p>

<p>On that note, I think the % of class filled is irrelevant. From my limited insider's perspective, UW generally first admits those with above average stat and desirable diversity attributes, and then postpone the rest until end of the rolling admission cycle. Then, depends on yield (# of spaces left), offers are extended to the best postpone candidates and, if spaces still available, extended/waitlisted candidates. </p>

<p>Without looking at your entire file, I am assuming a lot of things here ...</p>

<p>My gut feeling (as posted earlier) is if you apply now, your best outcome is "postpone" which will gives you the opportunity to build some rapport with the adcom and send in supplemental info (including updated test scores). However, you also run the risk of a straight reject. </p>

<p>If you believe that you can submit a stronger application (see below) in a month or two, my advise is take your time. Use this opportunity to have a meaningful dialog with the adcom. </p>

<p>The admission probability chart is given at <a href="http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf&lt;/a>. Obviously, you want to improve your odd from 35% (3.3-3.1 GPA and 680-640 SAT) to something better.</p>