Chances plz

<p>I need a chance for UCLA, SD, Irvine, Davis, SB, SC, Riverside, and also Cal Poly SLO and SDSU
W GPA: 3.28
UW GPA: 2.68
UC GPA: 3.24
Not sure if any of these are correct, correct me if i’m wrong</p>

<p>Freshman Year
Algebra I: A C
English: A A
Debate: B A
Spanish: A B
Pathways/Heath & Safety: B B
PE: A A</p>

<p>Summer: Geometry: B B</p>

<p>Sophomore Year
English: A A
Spanish: B B
Algebra 2: C C
Biology Honors: B B
AP World History: C C
Tennis: A A</p>

<p>Summer: Chemistry: B B</p>

<p>Junior Year
Spanish: A A
AP Art History: A B
AP Chemisty/ TA: C P
AP US History: B B
Trig/Pre-cal: C C
AP Language: B B</p>

<p>Senior Schedule
AP Government/Honors Economics
AP Statistics
AP Literature
AP Physics
Spanish 7/8 (4th year)
Elementary Calculus</p>

<p>SAT:1620 (CR:540, M:570, W:510) Hoping for at least 1900+ next time
SAT IIs: Math II: 580, US History 450 (Hoping for 600+ on both next time)
I’m going to study hard this summer and retake both next year as a senior</p>

<p>AP Tests
AP World History: 3
Waiting on the scores of AP US History and AP Language</p>

<p>EC’s:
Tennis (3 years predicted) Co-Captain for JV Tennis 1 yr and 1yr of Varsity
Debate (1 year)
Key Club (3 years predicted)
CSF (2 semesters predicted)
Internship for 4 years (Business related)</p>

<p>I had a couple hardships during the 2nd semester of junior year and that kind of shows in the grades. I guess I can say I improved a little during the junior year compared to sophomore year. Im planning to major in Business Admn or Economics because they are similar. I really want to go to UC Irvine and I heard they are starting their new Business major there next year so I would really like to know my chances there. I’m very aware that Tennis/PE don’t count. I also need some help on the admissions essays. I don’t really know what to write for the second topic which is the talent, excperinece, contribution or personal quality that you will bring to the University of California.</p>

<p>it does not look good. your stats are well below what most uc's are looking for. you will probably get into uc merced or riverside but i doubt you will get into anything else. i don't think you can get into slo or sdsu either.</p>

<p>it looks like you arent doing well in ap classes. you should take regular and get an a instead of ap. it will boost you gpa up which looks better than having ap's with c's.</p>

<p>try to get your gpa up to atleast a 3.5 (if possible.) also, no matter how hard you study, its quite hard to raise your sat scores that much.</p>

<p>yea, but the only thing is that I didn't study for those scores so I'm going to try studying. As for the GPA, I think what hurt me the most was the summer school classes because of the 2 B's i got for 2 straight years. I can't raise my GPA anymore because they only count sophomore and junior year, but I'm going to try getting way better grades next year so if I don't get accepted, I could appeal</p>

<p>What else do you think I can do to improve my chances? WIll the internship help because it's business related and im applying for a business major?</p>

<p>your only chances are to have a killer essay. doing extra ec is too late as they like to see steady activities and something out of the ordinary. UC admissions are getting harder every year. unless you first gen college student or really really poor from a bad neighborhood, you have no chances.</p>

<p>my rec is to go to a jc and transfer to a UC or maybe go to CSULB or Fullerton. They have great business programs aswell.</p>

<p>I had a 3.6 gpa with similar sat scores (maybe higher in the sat 2's) applied as a business major. i had decent ec (start my own biz, tutor, etc) and even 20 college units and did not get into any UC's besides Riverside and SDSU and SLO.</p>

<p>I see, so basically i'm practically screwed. I'm just hoping that my essays are good enough. I still need help for the second topic. Can you give me an example?</p>

<p>what is the 2nd topic?</p>

<p>i remember my friends got rejected and then both of them applied back. they lied and wrote that it a relatives dying wish was for them to get into uc davis and it worked. but this was last year when ucd accepted everyone and their mom. my other friend got rejected with his appeal this year.</p>

<p>but i would not recommend to lie on your application.</p>

<p>Focus: Potential to Contribute</p>

<p>Rationale: UC welcomes the contributions each student brings to the campus learning community. This question seeks to determine an applicant's academic or creative interests and potential to contribute to the vitality of the University.</p>

<p>Question: Tell us about a talent, experience, contribution or personal quality you will bring to the University of California</p>

<p>This is a pretty tough question. I can't start it. THe other one is pretty easy though.</p>

<p>on this topic, i recommend to focus on one of your strong points such as an experience you learned from. dont try to list to many things, rather go into detail about one thing.</p>

<p>
[QUOTE]
but I'm going to try getting way better grades next year so if I don't get accepted, I could appeal

[/QUOTE]
</p>

<p>That's not how appeals work. They don't accept anything from your senior year. You can get straight A's your senior year and they wouldn't give a rat's ass. You only appeal if you feel you left something critical/important (from 10th-11th) out in your application.</p>

<p>I thought the appeal process was to show them why you still deserve to get in and to add extra information, like new things such as getting good grades during your senior year</p>

<p>i am not sure what requirements are for appeal but i remember hearing somewhere that someone put stuff they did senior year so i assume you can.</p>

<p>You could put whatever you want in your appeal but if it includes anything from your senior year, they will disregard it. Like I said, straight A's your senior year wouldn't matter (that would technically be saying the UC's look at 10-12 grades instead of 10-11 which is not the case at all).</p>

<p>You would appeal if for example your mother passed away when you were a sophomore which caused trauma and thus your grades slipped THAT YEAR.. But only if you forgot to include that in your original application. You don't appeal because all of a sudden you're getting straight A's and you want them to take you now. You screwed up 10-11, then that's it.</p>

<p>Call the UC's or go over to the UC Davis forums and ask UCDAdmissions if you have a hard time believing this.</p>

<p>i think you'll get into sdsu</p>

<p>slo and river is close/slight reach</p>

<p>everything else is a reach</p>

<p>Yup, the appeal is NOT meant for improved grades your senior year (I think this was actually mentioned by the UC somewhere). Your senior year grades can you only help you with regard to KEEPING your admission, not attaining it. Sorry :(</p>

<p>yea right now, it looks like im only getting into sdsu,riverside,sc, and slo(maybe). What are my chances if i can rasie the SAT scores to at least 1900 on the SATI and 600+ on each SATII</p>

<p>i positive you will get into ucr. but don't be too confident at slo, sdsu, or ucsc because their admissions are getting alot tougher since applicants are more well rounded.</p>

<p>I don't know about cal states, but I think ucsc and ucr is the same in terms of admissions.</p>

<p>UCSC and UCR are different in terms of admissions.. UCSC looks more at your personal statement to get a sense of who you are.. UCSC [considering how many people submitted their SIRS] is actually climbing up a bit... They have constantly stated that they want to get rid of their stoner reputation and concentrate on showing off their academic side... so what they will look for next year is probably going to be different. They may tighten some strings considering how many people submitted sirs this year. just my opinion..</p>

<p>yes, i agree with juniorita. i know so many people that are going to ucsc, they are in the same situation as davis last year.</p>