chances to get into purdue

<p>hi , I am a student from india . I want to pursue my engineering course at mit. I have given sat this year . I will get my sat results after 20 days . I have already applied to mit & purdue for fall admission 2011 . I will not be able to give toeffl and sat subject tests before may . So will i get admission to purdue and mit if i do well in my sat exams and get marks in the range of 2200 . I am applying for engineering course .What is the cutoff for purdue & mit</p>

<p>MIT has much more competitive admission than Purdue. However, both are outstanding engineering schools with international recognition. </p>

<p>Purdue accepts around 70% of applicants and is more lenient, while MIT accepts around 10%. Don’t let Purdue’s numbers fool you though. Despite having relatively simple admissions, their engineering programs are some of the most rigorous in the country. A high percent of students drop out before the end of the first semester.</p>

<p>Good luck with your collegiate career!</p>

<p>MIT has a much higher cutoff than Purdue. MIT’s cutoff is around 2000 for the middle 50%. Purdue’s cutoff is around 1600 for the middle 50%.
BUT, keep in mind that these are for the whole college, not just for the engineering department (this especially makes a difference at Purdue).</p>

<p>As Propane said, Purdue has a rigorous engineering program.
The Wall Street Journal conducted a survey among employer recruiters. They ranked Purdue 2nd in engineering.:
[Best</a> Colleges & Universities - Ranked by Job Recruiters - WSJ.com](<a href=“Best Colleges & Universities - Ranked by Job Recruiters - WSJ”>Best Colleges & Universities - Ranked by Job Recruiters - WSJ)</p>