Currently my son is junior.
He is top 16%
Sat score 1250
Some ec

Does he have a chance to get into A&M?
If not what other choice in Texas?

What does he want to study?

He is interested in filming.
I know there is visualization major(?) in architect department in A&M. And I heard they teach some media stufff…

That visualization major at A&M is really cool. Honestly, I think your son might have a hard time getting into that major because it is very popular. There are long threads about admission into A&M on College Confidential. You might look at them to understand the various pathways for admission. If he improves his SAT a bit, his chances for admission will improve.

Another option is UT Dallas. Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication.
https://atec.utdallas.edu/degrees/bachelor-of-arts/

The Visualization major fills up with auto and academic admits right after Mays business school. My DD with a 28 ACT (29M 27E) and a 1270 SAT (2nd quarter though) got PSA. And Visualization does not participate in PSA or PTA.

I also think the UTD ATEC school is a wonderful option. But I’m not sure what you mean by “filming.” If you are talking live action movie making - there are probably better options than TAMU and UTD. Those two programs are on the technical side of things like animation, game design, projecting large scale content, and research digital usage.

@monday64 if your son had applied this year, those stats would not have gotten him automatic admission, and doubtful Blinn TEAM. Students with much higher class rank, ACT/SAT and outstanding ec’s only got PSA.
Visualization filled up quickly, I believe, with automatic admission students.
Competition is tough. Encourage your son to take ACT/SAT again, and finish strong this semester.
And definitely apply to multiple schools.