Chances with virtually nothing

<p>I know that people always use their "friend" as an example of themselves when explaining something, but I actually am asking this in favor for my friend so here are his stats:</p>

<p>ACT: 21
GPA: 2.5 in a really big public school out of 800</p>

<p>He has been a big participant in sports all four years, has done volunteer work at the hospital for two years, has won a few awards, is a minority, lives in Illinois, (if that makes a difference), and has really good essays. I know it looks kind of bad, but does anyone think he has the least bit of chance? So far he is getting all A's his senior year, and will have a much better turnout these upcoming semesters and wants to become an Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapist. Will his senior year matter at all? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :-)</p>

<p>minority doesnt count. essays dont count. and physical therapy fills up fast so im not sure if they'll consider his senior year. But hey its worth a try!! Also if money is a problem then this kid is going to be swimming in debt b/c all scholarships are competitive and not much need will be met</p>

<p>I was rejected with a 2.8 21 ACT, with a ton of EC's, and I applied a while ago. So I'm just giving you the heads up.</p>