Chances ??

<p>Hey everyone, id really appreciate it if you would evaluate my chances for University of Wisconsin. Im not really sure what sort of shot i have, so i want to see what other people think before i really put my app on the fast track.</p>

<p>Senior in a Catholic all boys school in NY.
90.48/100 gpa (3.6 on the 4pt scale, i think)
2130 new SAT, recalculated without writing, is 1410 (im taking the SAT over and lets just pretend i get a 1500)
Writing 720 Math 710 Verbal 700</p>

<p>SAT II Math 1, 730
SAT US History in November
SAT II Math 2, lets pretend I get 750+ </p>

<p>national merit commended (1 point short of semifinalist) psat score of 217
Chinese (Filipino)</p>

<p>I have also taken 2 ap's in a school which offers none and recommends that you take none, so very few students have taken any at all.
AP USH 4
AP US Gov 3</p>

<p>EC's
president of chapter of Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights
Catholic League 10, 11, 12
president of Math Club
Math Club 9, 10, 11, 12
social studies club 9, 10, 12
school apostolic volunteer corp 10, 11, 12
National Honor Society 11, 12
Senior Leader 12
Student Organization (general stuff) 10, 11, 12
String Orchestra 10, 11, 12
Mathlete 10, 11, 12
YMCA Counselor 12</p>

<p>Im ranked in the 14th% in my school, 55th in a class of 393 with a final 3 year average of 90.48</p>

<p>Volunteered 130+ hours in Chinatown as a mentor to children, a camp counselor, and a teacher.</p>

<p>Have volunteered for 50 + hours doing community service (landscaping public places and parks, visiting elderly, spending time with children, teaching children) as part of my school's volunteer corp</p>

<p>Volunteered in Mexico (2 hours south of Mexico City in a poor village) building a house for a poor family and teaching English to children in a school, as well as teaching basic religion and spanish prayers to poor peasant catholic school children.</p>

<p>Thank's for everyones response. I tried to include all relevant information because I really need some help in evaluating my choices. I really appreciate your help.</p>

<p>i think your chances are around 90%. Your GPA and SATs are way above average, unless your essay and recommendations are horrendous, you shouldn't have a problem getting in. BTW, through which organization did you volunteer in mexico with? Did you like the experience?</p>

<p>i volunteered with international roman catholic charitites group. oh man, the experience was amazing, i had so much fun spending time with the kids i was teaching and building the house for the family. they were such nice people and the summer was very rewarding.</p>

<p>Excellent. Here is the latest admit chart.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/freshmanExpectations2006.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/freshmanExpectations2006.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Play up the diversity aspect of your applicant and you might get $</p>