SAT Subject tests: N/A</p>

<p>Class Rank: 14/287 (Top 5%)</p>

<p>unweighted GPA-4.0/4.0
Weighted GPA- 5.0/5.0</p>

<p>Sports:
Basketball 4 Years (3 Year Varsity Starter)(1 year Captain)</p>

<p>Extracurriculars
Spanish Club: 2 Years (Vice-President)
Class Officer: 1 Year (Senior Class President)
McLean County Urban League (4 Years)(1 Year Secretary)(1Year President)
Fellowship of Christian Athletes</p>

<p>Honor Societies:
National Honors Society: 2 years</p>

<p>AP classes:
AP Government & Politics
AP Statistics
AP Calculus AB
AP Literature
AP Chemistry</p>

<p>Volunteer work:
Volunteered at the hospital over the summer</p>

<p>AP classes- AP Government & Politics, AP Statistics, AP Calculus AB, AP Literature, AP Chemistry</p>

<p>Recommendations: I should have VERY good recommendations from counselors and
teachers.</p>

<p>I believe that my chances at admission are high, but what about honors programs or scholarships</p>

<p>You have very impressive stats and a great record of acitivity! I am an alum and would love to have you at UA. If you visit the UA site, and go to the scholarships page, [Types</a> of Scholarships - Undergraduate Scholarships - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/]Types”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/), you will see which ones you are automatically qualified for. Although your ACT is much higher than average, and you willl definitely qualify for one, you might want to retake the ACT or the SAT, for a higher score means automatic qualification for significantly more scholarship money. </p>

<p>There are other scholarships for which you may be eligible, other than just the out of state scholarships. Just look over that link and see what else you can find or call and ask. There also might be certain scholarships for African American students, especially those in premed. UA has a part of the Univ. of Alabama system’s medical school in campus, and they focus on primary care in rural, underserved areas, which typically have a higher percentage of African Americans. </p>

<p>Are you a National Achievement Scholar? UA had over 30 enroll this Fall. UA actually has a high percentage of African American students relative to other state flagship schools. This Fall, for the first time in UA history, a majority of new freshman were from out of state! So, the word is out, and should further increase its prestige. </p>

<p>Wish you the best in your search, and try to visit soon if you can. The campus is really beautiful, especially in the Fall, and Spring.</p>

<p>Yes, are you a National Achievement Scholar? If so, big scholarships.</p>

<p>If not, are you going to retest? You should take the SAT and ACT again because a 30+ in the ACT or a 1330 M+CR on the SAT would bump you into larger scholarships. </p>

<p>There may be other scholarships for AAs as Atlanta mentioned. </p>

<p>How much scholarship money do you need? Have your parents given you a budget?</p>

<p>Yes…you qualify for the Honors College. :)</p>