Chances

<p>God I want to shoot myself for making one of these threads - anyway...</p>

<p>G.P.A (first three years): unweighted about a 96-97 I'm not positive. Weighted around a 99
SAT: 2160/2400 1430/1600 - 730 on CR, 700 on, Math 730 on Writing
Only one AP in Junior year (U.S History) got a 5. (My school only offers one AP in Freshman and Sophomore year, and that's Global and I didn't want to jump in half-way through. Junior year it was AP US and AP Lit, originally went for both, got accepted to both classes, but because of conflict with another required class, I couldn't take Lit). Three APs now in Senior year (AP Calc BC, AP Comp, AP Psych) will they even see these? I also took a college level course offered at my school (Spanish 4A and 4B) and got a 3.7/4 in that class.
Freshman Year: 1 honors class, Sophomore: four honors, Junior: All honors except for my one AP college level spanish, and Art class, Senior: Three APs, no honors.
ECS:
-Blackbelt in Taekwondo - I've been practicing for four years and dedicate a decent 2 hours everyday to it. I've competed in various tournaments, at the state level I won Gold and Silver, and I also volunteer often to help out at other tournaments.</p>

<p>-Club Soccer - Outside team for 2/4 of my high school years, was an offensive player. Group eventually disbanded =/ (my tears)</p>

<p>-Theatre - Improv Club for three years, and the school's production group for two (Lysistrata in Junior year, Helena this year). THIS SUCKS AWAY MY LIFE. <3</p>

<ul>
<li><p>Volunteer at an Animal Shelter once a week. (hioasnfasin I absolutely love the prairie dog) Also apart of the school's Environmental club, though I can't say I've done too much for the group other than collect bottle caps outside school to put in the proper recycling when I get into school, and I baked to raise money lol. (these are probably the groups that led to my eventually becoming a Vegetarian lol) </p></li>
<li><p>I'm not in the Art club at school, but I've taken the voluntary Art classes sophomore, junior, and senior year, and absolutely adore painting, drawing, mixed media, etc. So I devote a lot of my time to improving - I've even taken an art class during the summer that met once a week for three hours, and was taught by a professor from Pratt/Cooper Union (he worked at both).</p></li>
<li><p>Tutor my little cousins 2-3 times a week for an hour, sometimes also tutor younger neighbors if they need help before a test. (Gotta say, I stay and play pretend games with my little cousins afterwards xD obviously not gunna put that, but it's a little fun fact I guess lawl)</p></li>
<li><p>Ethnic Club (Eastern European/Greek) and have done events like the Greek Parade in NYC, cooked foods for International Day, and lead/taught Greek Dances to the school's club to perform at International Day. Freshman year I used to also be apart of an outside Greek-Dance group, but they fell apart. Kinda upsetting since I've been dancing since I was three...</p></li>
</ul>

<p>I was thinking of taking advantage of the common app section that asks if we want to submit anything else that may strengthen our application. I feel the section to list ECs aren't helpful to me because they're too general. I obviously wouldn't write pages upon pages, but probably just attach an extra page to elaborate in one or two sentences about the ECs that have really affected me.</p>

<p>Geneseo has been boosting their stats lately, for they are competing with other top liberal arts colleges. And for that reason alone, they will accept anyone with Sat’s over 2000.</p>

<p>Does Geneseo count the writing portion of the SAT? My son has a writing LD but declined extra time and other accommodations. His SAT is 1410 superscored, 1400 not s/s; however, his writing portion is only 540 so if Geneseo counts it, he will not have a good shot.</p>

<p>As for the OP, your stats look great. Based on the kids I know who are there, you have a good shot at this.</p>

<p>Re: writing section of SAT: I can’t find anything explicitly stated on their website, but their Common Data Set provides the 25th-75th percentile SAT scores for Reading and Math only; the Writing part of the chart is blank. So that should be a good sign for your son; good luck!</p>

<p>Without a doubt you will get accepted. I had a weighted 2.5 GPA and no extracurricular activities but I had a good SAT score 2100+ and I got in with that. Good luck :D</p>