Chances

<p>I am a junior in high school, and I plan on going to Colorado College. I will be visiting over the summer, and probably will got through an interview too (plus, a road trip from New Jersey would be fun).</p>

<p>Weighted GPA: 4.835
Unweighted GPA: 3.8
Class Rank: 18 (out of about 900)
Top 5%</p>

<p>AP Courses:
APUSH
AP Calc BC
AP Chemistry
AP Gov and Politics
(Next year, I will be taking AP Italian, AP English, AP Statistics, and AP Biology).</p>

<p>Subject I would like to major in: Psychology</p>

<p>Extracurricular Activities:
Italian Club
Italian Honor Society
Math Honor Society</p>

<p>Leadership Positions:
President of the Italian Honor Society (the adviser informed me that I will be the president next year)</p>

<p>Volunteer Work:
Local Park Volunteer Program
Local Beach Volunteer Program</p>

<p>Work Experience:
Cashier</p>

<p>SAT Scores:
1980 (640 CR, 660 Writing, 680 Math) (I am waiting for my scores for the test I took recently. I plan to have over a 2200).</p>

<p>I put a lot of time into my work and volunteer work, especially since for my volunteer work, I am basically outside all of the time, and I love the outdoors.</p>

<p>And you worry about getting in??</p>

<p>Of course I worry about getting in. Thinking about colleges can be stressful last minute, so I’d rather know far ahead of time so that I can put it off of my mind for a while. :P</p>

<p>Hey. As a current CC student, I’ll “chance” you, but only to help relieve some of your stress!</p>

<p>Great class rank, ECs, good test score (you fall within the 50% range of the class of 2015), etc. But CC, as I’m sure you understand, looks beyond scores. Know this: the class of 2015 had an early decision admission rate of 41%, with a regular action admission rate of 16%. Applying early has its obvious benefits. Know that CC is an awesome place, and that the block plan and the Colorado backdrop offer so many great opportunities for intense study (trust me on this) and adventure (same here). Best of luck! If you have any questions or anything, feel free to message me. I don’t get on here often… actually, this is my first time logging on since last summer… but I’ll do my best.</p>