Chances?

<p>What are my chances of getting in?
Caucasian male
First generation
GPA- 4.17 W 3.6 UW
ACT- 32 (33 Math, 35 Science, 30 English, 33 Reading, 10 Writing)
EC- Club and School Volleyball 4 years 3 Varsity Letters, Swimming 2 years, Radio 2 years, Polish School 12 years, Spanish Honor Society
APs-5 on AB Calc, currently enrolled in 3
Intended Major: Finance or Economics
Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>75% chance you make it</p>

<p>Assume 3.6 UW gpa is on a 4.0 scale - so about a 90 average. Do you know your rank in class (or approximate decile?) - approx size of high school class. How rigorous was your junior and senior years - I see 4 APs - how about other classes - honors, IB, ? Did you apply ED or EA to Miami or are you thinking of applying RD?<br>
~Zinc</p>

<p>Thanks for the feedback!
@Zinc My high school does not rank. My freshman and sophomore years I had 4 honors each and my junior year I had 2 along with the 1 AP. This year (senior) I am taking 3 APs and no honors. I’m applying for RD.</p>

<p>Based on your ACT score and your course rigor, I think you’ll get in. Hard to comment on the possibility for a merit based scholarship. If you had applied EA, I think you would have been considered for the 16k, but from what I’ve read many universities are more generous with Early applicants. Basically because there is more money still in the coffers to award, less available for RD applicants. Not sure if that is true for UM specifically.
Wish you the best!
~Zinc</p>