Chances

<p>So I think I know how this goes...</p>

<p>Bio: Caucasian/Hispanic female from Texas, Class of 2013. I will be applying for aid, EFC is 0 and I plan on applying for early acceptance at Texas A&M University.</p>

<p>School: Yoakum High School (Public High School)</p>

<p>Course Load:
8th: Speech and Health and Honors Algerbra(High School Credit)
9th: Band, Honors Eng. I, Honors Bio, Span I, Desktop Publishing, Athletics, World Geography, Honors Geometry
10th: Band, Honors Chemistry, Honors Eng. II, World History, Span. II, P.E., Multimedia, Honors Alg. II
11th: Band, Span. III, Honors Eng. III, Student Council Aide, Dual Credit Bio., Honors Physics, Dual Credit World History, Honors Pre Cal</p>

<p>GPA: 4.07(Weighted)</p>

<p>Class Rank: 9th of 112</p>

<p>PSAT: 192 (67 Reading, 61 Math, and 64 Writing) Highest Score in Class</p>

<p>Athletics: 2 year JV Cross Country, Freshman Basketball</p>

<p>Service:Annual Local Blue Santa volunteer, school recycling system, Local Donation Drives(canned food, coats, etc.), City Beautification Projects(Interact Club), annual volunteer worker at City Craft Show, Babysit for parents taking an Adult ESL Class</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
National Honor Society, Student Council, Class Office, Band, Interact Club, U.I.L Calculator, One Act Play</p>

<p>Leadership: Class President (9th, 10th and 11th grades), Student Council Vice President (11th Grade), Student Council Historian/Reporter (10th grade), Band Section Leader (10th and 11th Grade), Band Quartermaster (11th Grade)</p>

<p>Work experience: Summer job working at a snow cone stand</p>

<p>Awards: National Honor Society, Top 10%, 1st Place Calculator Team District U.I.L (Advanced to Region), Advancing Play District U.I.L One Act Play (Advanced to Area), ATSSB All-Region Band (8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grades), ATSSB Area Band (10th and 11th grades), 1 on a Class II Clarinet Solo (Solo and Ensemble), 1 on a Class I Clarinet Solo (Solo and Ensemble), Possible National Hispanic Merit Scholar (PSAT score of 192: 67 Reading, 61 Math, 64 Writing)</p>

<p>Essays: A work-in-progress</p>

<p>Recommendations: Have yet to be lined up.</p>

<p>Major: Business. I'm considering Business Honors, would enjoy Marketing or Admin.
I guess all I've got to say now is... chance me? And is there anything to improve? Thanks</p>

<p>Where are you from?
If you’re from Texas, you’re in. Keep in mind that the cut-off for NMF is a 217 in Texas. You will also have to turn in your Business Honors application by October 15th so that you can get a decision by…around this time I think (around early December). You have great stats and everything. Be sure to turn in your application with your revised essays as early as you can, along with your required items (transcript, fee waivers, and all those goodies). You might want to get some AP classes just so you can be competitive for the BHP. I don’t know if BHP requires letters of recommendation, but it wouldn’t hurt you to get them. </p>

<p>And lastly, do you classify yourself as white or Hispanic? </p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC App</p>

<p>^ Hispanic is an ethnicity and white is a race. Therefore you can classify yourself as a Hispanic white, just like you can say you are a Hispanic Asian or a Hispanic African American. They are two different things.</p>

<p>I see… I didn’t know that lol. Well, actually I did–I’m just a ■■■■■■ haha. Anyway, the OP needs to say whether of not she’s from Texas, in which case she is guaranteed a spot no matter.how much she messes up her senior year ( I’m kidding, I’m kidding!).</p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC App</p>