Chances????

<p>Chance Me Please!!
I am wondering what my chances are for getting into TAMU (major in electrical engineering)</p>

<p>Race: African-American (if it matters)
gpa: 3.5
class rank: 111/834(top 13%)
6 AP classes (Calculus BC and Physics C)
live in Houston
1230 CR+M
100+ volunteer hours
basketball, track, cross country
Class representative
Science Olympiad
Key Club</p>

<p>I applied in August and got my UIN the same month.</p>

<p>Have you taken the ACT?
What is your second choice major?
What step are you on?
Do you plan on re-taking the SAT?</p>

<p>My second choice is Computer Engineering. I’m on step 3 (the review). I just took the oct sat but i might take the nov test.</p>

<p>I would only take the test if I have enough time because i understand that engineering fills up fast.</p>

<p>Well, i’m pretty sure for 2014 you apply for general engineering, and then the next fall you try to get into the one you want…</p>

<p>but do you think i have a good chance now</p>

<p>That depends on how well you do Freshman year.</p>

<p>what about just getting into the university</p>

<p>What exact score did you get on math? for Engineering, I believe you need a 550? Plus, first quartile (non top 10%) you need a 1300 CR+M I think. Anyways, if you have a 550, or above on the math portion I would say you have a pretty decent change, as a review. Since you’re African-American, that could help you with engineering admissions. Also, depending on your ACT score we can be more sure about your chances. top 13% is very good though, so if you don’t get full admission into A&M, I bet you have a good shot for Blinn Team! Blinn Team is great, you are on campus ALL the time, you take some courses there, and you’re pretty much just as involved as your friends would be. I have many friends in the program!</p>

<p>sorry for the typos above ^. I think you should be okay, especially for blinn team or one of their feeder schools like Galveston.</p>

<p>Here’s the results time schedule for SAT : looks like the Nov results will be available for the Dec 1 deadline
[SAT</a> Reasoning Test - Receiving SAT Scores](<a href=“http://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/sat-reasoning/scores/receiving]SAT”>Getting SAT Scores – SAT Suite of Assessments | College Board)</p>

<p>Since you’re currently a review admit with a possibility of being an academic admit, give yourself the benefit of doing all you can to get to that next level. Looks like you’ll have your Oct. results before you take the Nov test. Then you can make your choice to actually sit the Nov. exam. You are so close… good luck!</p>

<p>Race has nothing to do with admissions. What was your math SAT score?</p>

<p>now its a 660</p>

<p>Sweet! Did you just increase it? Is your composite up to 1300 now?</p>

<p>No its not 1300 :frowning: but its a 1240</p>

<p>I might take the one in November though</p>

<p>I mean 1230</p>

<p>buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump</p>