Rising Senior
Weighted GPA - 3.56
Unweighted GPA - 3.2
SAT - 1710 (CR+Math= 1210)
Out of State (VA)
White, Middle-Class
Gifted Education Program
Class Rank is Unknown
I matured junior year and began to try in school. I ended up getting a 4.0 weighted GPA for junior year.

EC
Football 9
FBLA 10,12
Key Club 11-12
Flag Football 9-10

Volunteer Work
Camp Counselor at Camp Invention
Assistant Flag Football Coach (7-8 year olds)
Assistant Flag Football Coach (5-6 year olds)
Volunteer work on local campaign for Chairman of the Board for 6 months

AP Clases
AP EURO
APUSH
AP LANG

AP Classes Taking Senior Year
AP LIT
AP CALC
AP ECON (My school combines both macro and micro, I will take both AP Exams)
AP GOV

I understand both of these schools are reaches, but is there anything I can improve on senior to help better my chances?
Also any recommendations of schools I can get into in Texas with my current resume?

No rank… decent SAT scores… some leadership… kinda round student… I guess you have a chance depending on you major. if it was engineering, you would probably stand no chance, but if it were Liberal art, you stand some chance.

But no one can really tell, until we see your class rank. that is a MAJOR part of you application to TAMU. Your a junior right? I’d advise taking the SAT again. You want a 1300 on critical reading and math to look somewhat competitive. So

After Class Rank and SAT, you GPA looks okay and you like pretty involved. Unfortunately Class Rank and SAT make up a big part of your grade.

If I chose to major in Economics what are my chances with my current resume?

Approximately 5 percent of freshmen are from OOS. The question is how competitive you are versus the other OOS applicants. Your SAT scores are about average for A&M or a little better than average. It sounds like without knowing your rank that you sense it is not top quarter? A&M will estimate it based on school profile if it is not provided. You will want to be roughly top quarter with the 1300 SAT score.

Apply early because that helps. Take your SAT again in September and send the score to A&M.

There are many schools in Texas that are matches for you- Texas Tech comes to mind as well as Texas State. University of North Texas and any of the UT system schools including Arlington and San Antonio. University of Houston too. One thing to consider is application to TAMU Galveston for a year with plans to transfer to College Station.

First of all, admission is major blind. Your chances of being admitted do not change, however once you are admitted you may pick any open major. Since they fill first come first served, popular majors fill quickly with top 10% and academic admits (who have automatic admission & get processed quickly) thus a major of Economics is more likely to be open when you’re admitted versus business ( a quicker filling major). They do NOT consider your major when deciding - as in we really need more XYZ majors so let’s take this one. You’re either an Aggie or not.
You would be a review admit, what quarter would you place yourself as class rank? top 25%, 50%, 75%? If you’re top 25%, then could qualify for academic admit with a higher score ( 1300 M+CR, min 600 each). Yes, there are not many OOS students, however, it is not harder to gain admission - they just don’t recruit from other states, they have more than enough qualified Texans to fill every seat. We’re OOS , most OOS students tend to be automatic admission students, also because if you’re a Blinn Team you have to pay OOS tuition for partial admission- pretty steep pricing. Even though TAMU is roughly 6% OOS, that’s 600 students out of a 10,000 class.

^Spot on, also remember while its major blind, getting in doesn’t meccesarily mean you get your major.