chances??

Hello, I’m currently planning on transferring to texas a&m from new jersey. I’m in a 4 year university and have a 2.3 gpa because i failed a science course and it brought down my gpa, i’ve earned 26 credit hours and by the end of spring 2017 I will have 40 credits, do you believe I will have a chance in getting in?

Why do you want to go to A&M? If you have a really good reason, that may be taken into consideration. It has gotten so competitive in the recent years, you’d want to focus on raising your GPA quite a bit. Maybe retake some classes to replace the lower grades?

I currently am retaking chemistry right now, in my current school our science program is horrible since it is mainly for PT and early education majors. also, I have family in texas and always wanted to move over there so i’m looking into a couple of schools and tamu is one of them.

@gogogogobruins

What major are you looking to transfer into, specifically? A 2.3 is not competitive at all and many majors, the minimum required isn’t even high enough for the open spots for transfers. But again, it depends on the major.

Here is a list of the transfer course sheets and what is required for each major to even be considered for transfer. http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/majors

While A&M is an awesome University, there are many other fine Texas Universities that are not as competitive for admissions. Check to see what Universities are close to your relations as a back up plan.