Chances

<p>Hey I am An upper-middle Class White Male Sophomore(class '08). I attend one of the best Private Schools in Miami, Florida. I am withing top 10-15%(actual # unknown, my school doesnt do that)</p>

<p>My Grades are as follows:
9th Grade:
Ancient History - B
Honors Biology - B
Ceramic Art I - A
English(Lit Genres) - B
Honors Geometry - A
Language Arts Seminar - A
PE/Health - A
Spanish Level III - B
Unweighted GPA - 3.5
Weighted GPA - 3.625
P.PSAT - 1150</p>

<p>10th Grade:
World Lit - B
AlgII/Trig/H - B
Honors Chemistry - B
Mod World Hist - B
Spanish Level IV - B+
Intro To Philosophy - B+
Ceramic Art II - A+
World Religions - B+
Web Design - B+
Unweighted GPA - 3.33
Weighted GPA - 3.44
PSAT - 1300 (Not includin writing)</p>

<p>11th Grade Core Schedule:
AP Biology
Honors Physics
Honors Pre-Calculus
Honors History
Honors English
Spanish Level V
+AP Stats+(maybe if i have the time)</p>

<p>SAT II's and anticipated Score(11th Grade Year):
SAT II Biology - <700
AP Psychology- 4 or 5
AP Biology- 5</p>

<p>EC(My weakest qualities):
Shadow Influential Cardiac Surgeon Over Summer(would watch procedures,etc)
Shadow Influential Plastic Surgeon Over Summer
Camp Counselor at Aquatics Camp - 2 summers
Camp Counselor at General Camp - 1 winter
Lacrosse JV (9th and 10th)
Lacrosse V (11th and 12th)
Swimming V(11th and 12th)
Debate Team (11th and 12th)
Volunteer at Hospital 4 Months(8hrs a week)
Anchor Club (11th and 12th)
Key Club (11th and 12th)
National Honor Society (11th and 12th)
7th grade Duke T.I.P SAT Student for Math - Scored 1050</p>

<p>Anticipated SAT - <1450 or <2100 w/ writing (UM as well as others dont look at writing i believe)</p>

<p>I will have excellent essays and rec's and possible alumni/donator connections to the schools i apply to.</p>

<p>I would like to know the best school I have a chance at.
I am most likely going to end up at University of Miami but would like my other options. Thanks a lot to everyone that help.</p>

<p>I am hoping to get into the accelerated Med. Program as i aspire to be a Plastic Surgeon. If not i am unsure of what i will put as my major, but something that has to do with pre-med. If i can i would double major in business and my medical major.</p>

<p>You should be able to get into Miami. Getting into a Med or pre-med program may be tough for a good one though. You need to pick up the grades a bit. Maybe cut back on one class each semester being a Honors or AP class and fill it in with an "easy" A class that isn't PE, LOL. concentrate on grades. </p>

<p>It's getting more competitive out there and will be for at least the next 4-5 years. Also, Miami didn't take into consideration the writing part of the SAT this year (as a lot of schools didn't). But that is because it was the first year. most schools have announced that either this coming year or definately by the year you apply they will be looking and counting it. so get prepared now.</p>

<p>so better grads in simpler classes looks better.. THanks</p>

<p>You need a good mix. not exactly "easier" clases, just don't kill yourself with all honors and AP courses if it is going to compromise your ability to get up to around a 4.0 average over the next two years. Classes like PE, home economics, etc. don't turn on admissions counselors either. But don't take too easy a schedule either. i would get together with your guidance counselor and discuss things with them. Being from Miami, they should have a pretty good handle on U. of Miami. You may want to actually try to sit down with a Miami admissions counselor at some point as well.</p>