Chances?

<p>GPA: 3.8 </p>

<p>SAT II Hebrew: 800
SAT II Literature: 750
SAT II History: 760</p>

<p>SAT I: 1860 </p>

<p>My SAT I scores are rather low, but i am taking the test again. I am not a very good test taker.</p>

<p>I speak Hebrew, Russian, English and Spanish.
I moved from Israel 4 years ago. </p>

<p>I go to a private Jewish High School, that doesn't offer any ap or honors classes.
I transferred to my current school when I was in the 10th grade ( I will be a senior next year) , but freshman year I was enrolled in three honors classes. </p>

<p>My plans for the summer are as follows:
Interning for the Anti Defamation League
Working as a tutor for three kids and as a therapist for an autistic child, and working at Starbucks.
Taking Arabic classes at a local college. </p>

<p>EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: I am the founder of a project called Faith to Faith. Adolescents of different faiths are matched up with a family of a different faith who has a special needs child. Before the adolescent starts working with the child, the family of the adolescent and the family of the special needs get together and I will facilitate a dialogue on community service and acceptance through the lens of the two religions represented. Once the adolescents have started seeing their families once a week, there will be several mandatory programs during the year, this includes but not limited to speaker forums, film talks, and social justice film talks. I believe that the different religious communities in Seattle are highly segregated, and it is important for me to bring different religious communities together and strengthen their ties to one another, so that young teens will no longer be afraid to talk about their religious beliefs. </p>

<p>Cello Lessons: 2003-present
Cascade Youth Symphony: 2005-present
Violin: 1995-2002
Chamber music: 1998-2002, 2005- present.
Proclub varsity tennis team: 2001-2006
Interfaith Youth Core Conference: Spring 2006
Israel Advocacy Conference: Winter 2006
Rally for Darfur in Washington D. C: Spring 2006</p>

<p>COMMUNITY SERVICE AND JOBS: I enjoy serving my community through volunteering and spearheading different community project. My goal is to provide adults and students with the knowledge about current humanitarian issues that affect people which will lead the students and adults to volunteer and give back to their community. I accomplish this by promoting awareness about humanitarian issues that tie to people, such as Modern-Day Slavery, Global Warming, and the genocide that’s taking place in Darfur. I also enjoy, volunteering for a Teen Street Outreach Program which provide support to homeless teens. I enjoy volunteering for the Friendship Circle, and I am currently volunteer for two families who have severely disabled children. I recently spearheaded a project, “Eat for Darfur” and raised money to support Doctors without Boarders. I am organizing a concert to benefit Darfur, and I am part of the University of Washington Coalition for Darfur and The Washington State coalition for Darfur. I believe that the only way to end the atrocities in the world is by educating my fellow students and adults and encouraging them to volunteer and give back to their community. </p>

<p>Tutoring and preparing kids for their Bar Mitzvahs: 2003-present
Lifelong Aids Alliance Volunteer: 2003- present
Friendship Circle Volunteer: 2005-present
Hopelink Child development Center- 2004-2006
Babysitter and Nanny: 1999-present
Internship for the Anti Defamation League: Summer of 2006
Dining Out for Life Volunteer: Spring 2005 and 2006
Anti Defamation League volunteer and trained speaker: 2006 school year
J-Vibe teen advisory board: 2005- present
Volunteer for the Aids Walk: September 2005, September 2006.
Washington State Coalition for Darfur: 2005-present
University of Washington Coalition for Darfur: 2005-present
Organized a school program on Darfur: fall 2006
Organized two food drives at school: fall 2006
Organized a Holiday party for the Jewish Family Service: Winter 2006.
Organized the assembly for Israel’s Independence Day: Spring 2006
Sold shirts to benefit Darfur: 2006 school year
In charge of the Eat for Israel project which helped raise money for victims of terrorism: 2006 school year
Organized an after school teen tutoring program especially designed for inner city school students.
Formed a partnership with a local foodbank to send students to volunteer once a month.
Organized 10 monthly community service projects for school </p>

<p>• ACHIEVEMENTS AND HONORS: The biggest honor I have enjoyed is being elected as Student Council representative and head of the Community Service at my school. My vision for next year is to implement a new outlook on community service. As president of the Community Service Committee, and Student Council representative, I believe that I could make community service as part of the student’s daily life and get our school involved in community service projects, such as taking part in the monthly food bank program, and participating in the peer tutoring program which I will be forming. Also, I will student, students with an opportunity to conduct community service projects during school. This includes but is not limited to, food drives, book drives, blanket making, and sandwich making, which will all be donated to the Jewish Family Service and Peace on the Streets. </p>

<p>Bellevue High School honor roll: 2001
President and Student council representatives for Community service: 2006
Friendship Circle volunteers of the month: spring 2006
President of Friendship Circle: 2006-present</p>

<p>Very good chance.</p>