CHANCES!

Hi all! I applied to Texas A&M in late October and I was wondering my chances of being fully admitted. I’m in the top 18%, yet my scores are a little disappointing. I made a 25 on the ACT, and this is the score I submitted. I have plenty of extracurriculars and volunteer hours, so I truly believe it would be my scores that would hold me back. My first choice major is biochemistry. Thank you!!

@808oscar808 I am not familiar with science admissions and hope that one of our group’s senior members will respond to you. Please stand by.

@808oscar808 and @MomHopesNxtGenAg Major will not play a factor in admittance for a freshman. When you are admitted, they will look at your first choice major. If it’s full, then they go to the next major. Etc. If Engineering, then you go through another review, but that’s the only major like that to my knowledge.

Your rank is solid and ACT isn’t bad. I’ve known kids with 24 and a few lower get in (in the past). This year, I have been told by admission counselor that I know, it’s extremely competitive. I do think you have a chance for an offer of some sort based on prior years. Keep us posted and best of luck. If you want, hop on over to the Class of 2023 admissions thread. Lots of support over there. You won’t feel lonely!