Chances?

<p>Hey I was wondering if yall could help me out. I applied to Miami as my one and only safety, but is it really a safety? Is it safe to say I am in, or should I hit myself in the face? If I am in, what are my chances for a scholarship you think?</p>

<p>SAT: 1370
SAT II: Math IIC: 730, Global:730, Chemistry: 660, Writing: 630
Top 5% in school for GPA (about a 4.1 i think)
ECs pretty good, 3 varsity sports, some academic clubs
Oh yeah and I'm white, lol</p>

<p>Not only is it a safety for you, but I think you will get some good merit money from them.</p>

<p>Average SATs are 1285 and average weighted GPA was around 4.04. Thus, Ctagz1010, you should have no problem getting admitted and may get some money. However, you aren't in the top 10%, which means that you probably won't get a full or even 50% scholarship.</p>

<p>He said he's top 5%. His SAT doesn't qualify him for full or 3/4 tuition...I think he'll get 1/2 tuition. Not bad.</p>

<p>No, what I meant is that he is not in the top 10% of the admitted class of MIAMI and probably not in the top 20%. Thus, He might get some money but not a huge amount, and I would doubt that he would get 50% with his stats. However, who knows.</p>

<p>ohhh, I see. I'm just basing my guesses on stats I read a while back on Miami's website. Not being in the top 10% of admitted students doesn't mean much...I think Miami basically has a system of tuition discounts in effect for top students, sort of like Case Western Reserve. Half of the students at Case receive merit money, and the average award is something like $14,000.</p>