Hopeful Major: Chemistry (Pre-med track) ; Letters of Science
Soon to be Senior</p>

<p>Classes:
Freshman: No honors classes
Sophomore: 2 honors classes
Junior: AP Psych, APUSH, AP Eng Lang, AP Stats, 2 honors classes
Senior: AP Calc BC, AP Chem, AP Phys B, AP Eng Lit, 1 honors class</p>

<p>Test Scores:
ACT: 27 , Will retake in September (that was w/out studying or anything, I have prepared for the test significantly this summer and am getting an average 31-32 on each test)
SAT: Will take in October , (studied for this over the summer and am getting an average of Crit Read: 650-690 , Math: 730-760 , Writing: 730-760)</p>

<p>EC's:
Varsity Cross Country
Varsity Track and Field
Cross Country and Track and Field Captain
Spanish Club Member
EXCEL Member (Volunteer group thru School)
CEC Member (Tutors less advanced academically kids at school)</p>

<p>Other stuff:
-AP Scholar with Honor
-A representative of our school's conference athletic leadership program
-Might be part of School Newspaper and NHS next year
-Earned all high honor roll status for each semester
-Many athletic academic awards and varsity letters
-NO VOLUNTEER Work (this is what really is making me worried)
-Will get great recommendations from AP Teacher & Coach</p>

<p>Can you guys give me how likely a chance of admission currently and after an ACT retake? Also, since Wisconsin is rolling admissions, when would you recommend me sending my application? Thank you for your responses.</p>

<p>Your chances are great if you do well on the ACT. You don't really need to take the SAT.</p>

<p>Don't worry about the volunteering bit, you're plenty busy with the running- hopefully you will join the track club and keep running at UW. With rolling admissions an early application is always better- Sept. 15 is coming. You can send any test scores after you apply, if needed. Good luck. You can check your acceptance chances on the UW website- look at the freshman expectations chart on the right of the admissions page.</p>

<p>bump...any other thoughts?....i'm strongly considering wisconsin so is there any chance i can't make it now or with improved scores</p>

<p>I'd be really surprised if you didn't get into Madison, especially if you raise your standardized test scores. Your sports, AP's and grades look great. Good luck!</p>

<p>Oh, and I would recommend sending in your application as soon as possible. If I remember correctly, there's a certain cutoff point where they consider all applications recieved by then equally, and the rest on a rolling basis, but I'm not sure. Better do it asap just in case. Check their schedule to be sure.</p>

<p>You have an outstanding chance. Apply early. </p>

<p>Hope to see you next fall :)</p>

<p>thanks for the replies....this is what my plan was in terms of turning in the application:</p>

<ol>
<li>Take ACT Sept 15</li>
<li>Find out ACT score around Sept 25-27</li>
<li>Turn in Application and have Recommendations sent between Sept 27-Oct5</li>
<li>Take SAT Oct 6</li>
</ol>

<p>my other option would be just turn in the application by Sept 1 or so and just wait for the scores to come in</p>

<p>which of these plans do you think is better and which will let me be a strong applicant for the rolling basis? Thanks for the help.</p>

<p>They don't accept applications until Sept 15. Don't worry about waiting for test scores to be available before applying, they will get them if you request the test program to send them; there's probably a place on the app to state you will have scores pending. With rolling applications weaker candidates better their chances by applying earlier; later the schools will be making sure they have room for the last minute excellent candidates who finally apply to their safety schools. Good luck.</p>